October 16, 2018, 11:45:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hanging up my moderator hat - so I will be leaving the E and B board  (Read 15556 times)
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« on: May 08, 2013, 02:10:57 PM »

I think I have been moderator for 3 years and in that time I have built up this board with the Stickies and answering around 40 pages of questions. Like all of us my ME/CFS has gone up and down in severity, but recently I have felt worse and the need to find a different path to manage that.

I feel the need to lessen any stress and attend to my needs first for now at least until I see daylight again. I have been trying to get well for 4 years and it feels that I am running very fast on the spot sometimes!

I have been reading of the changes brought in by the Welfare Reform Bill for over a year, and visualising with growing horror the impact of that on so many people. The system is to change in so many ways, and has already begun and I don't think I am up to the challenge of doing more research on both understanding it and helping people. It feels right to be leaving now and as I am going away next Thursday I thought I would fit in with that and leave next Wednesday.

I hope to become an ordinary punter again on here though instead (well maybe not on HERE exactly but on one of the other boards), but definitely to spend less time on the internet and more time in the sunshine!

Keela Too
Lifetime Member

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »

Kiss  sign0098

I often wondered how you managed to do all that you do.

You have done so fantastically much.... I'm sure I'm not the only one to appreciate your input at various points of time.  Time to draw a line though, and look after No. 1. 

c017 

Thank you for everything!  And I'm sure after a bit of a break, you'll be popping back in for a short chat now and again. 

sipping tea

My ME Blog Just ME Check the Index for some posts on Pacing
May 2015 Awareness post: Well enough to Drink Coffee?
Suesancy
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 02:38:36 PM »

c017 Aggie - well done for all you have done.  I for one appreciate your help - given so effortlessly (or so it seemed) on more than one occasion.

Hope the sun continues to shine for you for as long as possible - and look forward to hearing from you and how you are getting on in due course.

Sue x
ISM

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »

Good luck for the future Aggie and  c017 for a  sign0098 very well done.

I often wondered how you managed your ME/CFS & all the research etc that you have done , at the beginning I thought you were a professional  brought in by the forum to answer our questions . You have been a great source of knowledge and have passed it on in a very clear & concise manner.

I wish you well in your down shifting and hope there are many sunny days ahead for you so that you can recharge your vit D and get on top of this awful illness.

Thanks again
satmanbasil

Official CSF/ME Sufferer

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »

Hi

Soooooooooooooo sorry to read your post agapanthus since i have been a member here you have been a rock of information and support to me and many other sufferers of this illness.  Your quite right in what your doing you need to get your health back to maintain the best quality of life you can have so hope you enjoy many sunny days down in the south west.

I agree with your comments about the future changes in the pipeline and Im sure the spirit you had for offering advise and support to others will be carried on by us who remain fighting for justice, the door will always be open if in time your batteries are recharged enough to come back with your knowledge.

Enjoy your long deserved rest and i wish you good health and long sunny days

all the best
satmanbasil
Sisyphus
Retired Moderator
Lifetime Member

I have CFS/ME

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »

Thanks very much for all of your help, I think you do deserve a break and as you say you have to take care of your health first.

Kiss
angeleyes40
Site Owner
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart Aggie for everything you have done to date for the forum and the members.....  smile

Every peace of information you have given here and by email/pm for the members and myself has been invaluable Aggie and its not that were losing a moderator, although I'm sad to see you go,  its the fact that we are gaining one fantastic member of the forum... Oppss... That doesn't sound right lol but I'm sure you know what I mean....  wink

Xx

There is more CFS/ME information and CFS/ME sufferers stories and experiences on the Main Website Please take a look....
Sammy

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 04:59:27 PM »

Aggie     hug

Thank you for your time and help given to all.

I hope that the sunshine will be out for you and that you can crochet and enjoy some me time for yourself.

Good luck for the future.

Sammy
Slow_Leopard
Code Monkey
Lifetime Member

Joint Hypermobility Syndrome

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 05:17:32 PM »

Thank you for all you have done, both on this board and on the various other topics.

Here's hoping you pick up a bit with the load eased and can enjoy yourself, you have earned it.
sistersuz

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »

Hi Aggie
So sorry to hear that you are "hanging up your hat".  You have been a fantastic support to me and many others on the board.  I understand that trying to keep up with all the changes is like doing a full time job.  Hope we stay in touch.  Please take care of yourself for a change

With many thanks
Regards
sistersuz
XXXX
Nic

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »

c017 Aggie.

As many have already said, you have been a fantastic support to many of us.  You have definitely earned the right to sit back, put your feet up and have more you time.

I hope there are plenty of sunny days for you to enjoy, and more than anything, I hope the opportunity to rest more helps with your health.

CHY
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS care giver

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 07:33:23 PM »

49 take care of yourself  hug

There comes a time when you need to look after you first. You've thought about everyone else for a long time.

thumbsup to you Aggie.

smile
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »

Thank you for all the lovely messages - I feel quite teary eyed.  smile

lazylegs
Lifetime Member

Is a CFS/ME sufferer

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »

Dear Agapanthus,  I too am so sorry that your struggle has brought you to this decision but I know that it is the right one for you. 

I cant thank you enough for all the useful information and advice that is here for us all to refer to in time of need due to your huge contribution to this forum. Kiss sign0098

You enjoy your break away and your added free time on your return.  You so deserve this much earned rest.   Take care of yourself, get that much needed rest and charge your batteries enough to pop back to see us and share a chat and sipping tea

Thank you,  :-*LL.x

Its not what you accomplish in life that matters, it`s what you overcome.x
soozieq

M.E/CFS/FIBRO

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »

Hi Aggie xx

iagree with everything everyone else has said xx You have done an amazing and selfless job, i would also just like to add my personal Thanks to you for all the help you have given me.

I hope you enjoy your break and rest.

Take care
lots of love
Sooz xxxx
 Kiss

One day at a time....all I can manage
Frazzled

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »

Hi aggie x

We have all learned so much from you, and couldn't have done without your massive
Knowledge and help and support its greatly appreciated.

Well earned rest, take care

Phil xx
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:44:57 PM by Frazzled » Logged

The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain.
Karl Marx.
Believe me you have to get up early if you want to get out of bed.
Groucho Marx.
Awe naw no again.
Skid Marx.....

Phil
kittycat 2000

m.e sufferer since 1996

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 01:15:17 AM »

s_hi Aggie, thanks so much for all the research and information gathering you have done on our behalf. You have taken the dread out of a stressful changeover for many of us and left me for one feeling less worried about the whole ESA/PIP situation. Have a great holiday and look after yourself. Hopefully we'll get to have a chat in the future on the general threads. Thanks for everything. c017
steve_uk

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 05:19:48 AM »

The welfare state is being killed off by the Tories so none of us will be able to get anything in the near future. We will all be left on our own to do whatever we can to survive. That isn't scare mongering it is the reality of what the "System" is aiming to do in it's quest to shrink the state and offer ever increasing tax cuts to the already wealthy/big business.

Good luck Aggie. Your help over the years has been immense and I hope your own fight against illness and the system ends in victory for you and your family.
oldshoremore
Lifetime Member

recovering from CFS

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 04:59:39 PM »

Hi Aggs,

A very wise move on your part.  clap

You can be proud of all that you have done on this board but now you must focus on your own health. Kiss

I've been trying to be very selfish and drop any ideas of helping other people until I am well.  It's difficult when you have spent decades looking out for others but I believe it's something we HAVE to do.  So well done you.

Wishing you (and us all) lots of lovely sunshine and good health.

Oldiex

"True life is lived when tiny changes occur." Leo Tolstoy.

Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.
catbells4

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 06:39:54 PM »

c017 for all you have done and best of luck  Smiley
MissyRS

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 07:49:50 PM »

Dearest Aggie, I think this is a well deserved rest!  I hope you have lots and lots of 'me' time and am sure you will build up to glorious strength once again.  I am so thankful for all the help, support and encouragement you have given me... You're fabtastic!

So I'll put my feet up and sip a wee drop of something in your honour and say enjoy just 'being'.... Thanks again - Many blessings to you.

Kiss

'Life is understood looking backwards, but it must be lived forwards'.  Soren Kierkegaard
Knickers1974

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 08:03:48 PM »

Thank you Aggie xxx xxxx for everything xx
Lordbark

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 11:26:42 PM »

Hi Aggie,

In the short time I've been a member here you have been so kind in helping me with anything I've asked about with the welfare system and thanks to your help I managed to get through the ESA process and your advice and support over the DLA has helped me greatly too.

Thank you for being there and I hope you feel things will get better for you as you are doing the right thing taking care of yourself. you have done so much to help others here I want you to know everything you have done here is appreciated by myself and everyone else here you have been a huge support to everyone here and now it's only fair you take some time for yourself to look after your own health.

I hope you have plenty of time in the sunshine and lots of good relaxing days ahead as you truly deserve some time for yourself after being there for all of us.

Best wishes

Lordbark  smile   
Maverick79

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 09:55:26 AM »

I have to agree with everything above, you need to take care of yourself, and for all these years you have given selflessly to the members of this forum.

Thank you Smiley
hungrydaze

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 12:54:25 PM »

Thank you for all your invaluable help and support you have given me over the last few years. I don't know how I would have managed without your insight and thoughtfulness. Your assistance in filling out forms and preparing for "medicals" and tribunals has been welcomed with open arms by myself. I am sure I would not have been able to manage without your input. Do enjoy having time for yourself as you have given plenty of it to others. You will be missed.  c017 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome