September 19, 2018, 02:57:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Facebook Private?  (Read 372 times)
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« on: January 30, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »

Hi Everyone  051bye

Really sorry for being away so long, grief & chronic illness are a formidable tag team & I've been busy trying to cope really. I have a question I'm on facebook & I've set all my posts as friends to see them. Does this really mean only friends can see them? I've read that there are apps you can download which makes your posts set as friends only seeing them as everyone & anyone who has the app can read them.

Hope everyone is doing as best as they can

Thanks  Kiss
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 08:30:28 PM »

Hi Rainbow,

I'm really sorry that you've been having a bad time, but it's nice to see you back on the forum.

We're not in any way involved with Facebook and I'm afraid I can't answer your question.

Maybe someone else can  fingerscrossed

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 09:49:32 AM »

Thanks Roger  smile
CharlesCalloway

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 06:55:28 AM »

Hi Everyone  051bye

Really sorry for being away so long, grief & chronic illness are a formidable tag team & I've been busy trying to cope really. I have a question I'm on facebook & I've set all my posts as friends to see them. Does this really mean only friends can see them? I've read that there are apps you can download which makes your posts set as friends only seeing them as everyone & anyone who has the app can read them.

Hope everyone is doing as best as they can

Thanks  Kiss

If you've set all your posts as friends to see them then this really means only friends can see them THROUGH FACEBOOK. However, getting around Facebook’s privacy settings isn’t as difficult as you’d think so whatever you end up sharing on Facebook will never truly be private. Yes, there are some apps that use Facebook API and can view your profile and images even if they're not your friends. However, Facebook messages can't be retrieved this way.

But, unless someone is stalking you, why would one go to extreme lengths just to view what you're posting?
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 07:03:55 AM »

Hi Charles, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for posting that. Personally, my view is that friends are people you like and relate to and who you MEET and enjoy the company of. I see no value in accumulation of 'friends' on social media. Look around you in the real world of your real environment. That's where you'll find REAL friends. As you'll gather, I'd prefer it if social media had never been created. But it has and IMHO it's not a good place to spend your time.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant  smile

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome