November 13, 2018, 10:02:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My work are an actual joke  (Read 334 times)
KellyB

« on: July 13, 2018, 10:44:43 AM »

Hey everyone. I’m sorry for the negative post but I really need to get this out of my system. I know nobody can help I just need to get it out ya know?
On Wednesday I was called into a meeting at work to discuss my performance. I was a bit confused so I asked if there was a problem with my performance and they said “not yet but just in case you are unable to fulfill your duties in the future, we need to figure out if this is the best work place for you”
Honestly it felt like I was being told off for something I may or may not do in the future.
Then today I get told “there’s not a lot to do today so work slowly and take longer breaks”
What am I supposed to do then? Under perform on purpose and then get told off?
Idiots
Anyway, love and spoons
Kelly
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »

Are you in a union, Kelly? If so, maybe discuss you health issues with them and request their help should it be needed.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
KellyB

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 06:09:05 PM »

No I’m not, maybe I should look into it. I really don’t want to work there anymore. But who’s going to employ me when I’m this poorly?
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 06:16:38 PM »

That's a shame. I know this sounds ridiculous, but try not to worry about the job issue - it'll make you worse.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
chill

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 08:48:24 AM »

I really feel for you, i have been on the wrong end of some seriously awful treatment by employers and it does really upset/anger you, and if you are anything like me, no matter how hard you try, you cant not think about it!!  It might pay you to look up and be aware of the "Reasonable Adjustments" employment laws, because saying something like"we need to figure out if this is the best work place for you" sounds a lot to me like constructive dismissal which is illegal under employment law, especially if it is due to an illness or disability.  Have put a link at the end of this post but if you google "reasonable adjustments" you will get loads of info.  In my experience it pays to get ahead of the game!
chill

https://www.gov.uk/reasonable-adjustments-for-disabled-workers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome