January 19, 2019, 04:23:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disorientation "episodes" .  (Read 77 times)
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« on: January 07, 2019, 12:48:18 PM »

Hi all.
Firstly apologies for not being on the forum very much but I've only had my phone to use for a while and I find it hard yo type on it.
The "episodes' I have are this" start to go light gwaded, sort of in shock, disoriented, people/surroundings unfamiliar,  can hear myself in my  gwad saying who I smcWhere I luve but loss of soeech. Abiut 6 episides in  8 yrs. Concides with ME diagnosis. Seems to be adrenal driven. Seeing doctor this afternoon. Waiting for resulrs  of  MRI. They think could be warnings if pre stroke
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 06:21:40 PM »

Hi Eliz,

It is of course the right thing to get checked out with the scan because, yes, it COULD be signs of a stroke coming. But please don't panic because those symptoms are also classic of two other things - CFS/ME  and high anxiety - and I think it's far more likely to be one of those than an impending stroke.

Let us know how the scan goes?

Best wishes

Roger

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 10:07:27 PM »

I've come to the same conclusion Roger. It's either extreme fatigue or adrenaline rush caused by anxiety or both. I had gp appt today anyway and he's inclined to agree with both of us. Results of scan not known yet.

Thank you
Eliz
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:01:26 AM »

Good luck, Eliz  fingerscrossed smile

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »

Hope it's not stroke related Eliz and would tend to agree with Roger on this, but good that they are checking you out on it.
It sounds more likely to be a more extreme reaction that many of us get with ME when we drive ourselves too hard or of course sometimes things get beyond our control to reduce this reaction.

I have had similar symptoms when I am feeling about to pass out - not had it in many years thankfully but reminded me that it was pre being diagnosed with underactive thyroid, so make sure they check you on that too if they haven't already - fainting can be caused by low blood pressure which many with ME and underactive thyroid get.

ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 07:50:21 PM »

You and Roger are right Aggie and that was what I was relating it to. Anyway its noted now and am also waiting for the results of the MRI but I don't think that will show anything.
Just got to remrmber to say NO more often. Wink
Eliz  x
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome