November 24, 2017, 06:27:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recent increased morning stiffness/muscle pain - does this sound familiar?  (Read 3305 times)
hayleyg22

« on: August 09, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »

I have been suffering from m.E mild I believe a good two or three years, maybe more but since I had tonsillitis in may I have had it on a moderate level, having tO give up full time work.

My main daily and most debilitating symptoms are the fatigue, headaches and cognitive issues, however now and again I get muscle pains and stiffness upon waking. For around three days now my right side where my shoulder blade and neck is has seized right up, it hurts to move or twist and I am getting shooting Pains and a burning feeling.. Painkillers don't really help and I am using voltarol but it only provides mild relief. Is this common with M.E? when this happens there are no warning signs, I just wake up with it!
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:42:41 PM »

Hi Hayley,
Sorry to hear that you had to give up work due to a worsening of your ME/CFS. Mine followed a similar route in that I had mild symptoms for several years, and was able to work part time, and walk quite reasonable distances.

Mine worsened after first an operation, and then about 6 mths later a bad virus. Before this time I really didn't have any pain at all, but afterwards I like you would tend to wake with pain and stiffness. I often find that mine eases as the day goes on, and especially after breakfast and a shower. Does yours get better in this way too?

My symptoms fluctuate a lot and there are times when I do not have the pain at all again. Do you try to pace well to reduce the impact?

As for the other symptoms .... well mine vary a lot, and at the moment I am going through a bad spell with a lot of fatigue and cognitive issues too. I think it will go away though eventually as it usually does!

I also think that maybe we are more vulnerable to injury too as I got tendonitis last year and it took a long time to improve.I know that I had injured my arm with cutting some twigs in the garden. I hope that your latest issue also goes with time. I haven't myself had pain in that particular place (shoulder/neck) as mine is normally in the arms and legs.

carrie
Staff
Lifetime Member

CFS and Fibro sufferer

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:15:48 PM »

I get a lot of pain generally and yes my back shoulders and neck are very stiff when I wake up, I usually get up and make a coffee sit and take my meds and relax for a while and by the time I am waking up the meds have kicked in and I am more free to move. I have ahd this symptom for a long time now and am quite used to it, I never make appointment in the mroning where I have tog et dressed early if avoidable as if I do it isnt a choice as to whether to let my husband help me dress i literally have no choice, normally if I cant get dressed I don't unless I really have to.
carrie
Staff
Lifetime Member

CFS and Fibro sufferer

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »

I just realised that is the good thing about being with you guys for a brew and a chat you dont cre if I am still in my pjs and dressing gown. LOL my other friends if I wanna see them I really do have to make the effort to get proper clothes on.
Kooky
Lifetime Member

Living in interesting times...

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »

I just realised that is the good thing about being with you guys for a brew and a chat you dont cre if I am still in my pjs and dressing gown. LOL my other friends if I wanna see them I really do have to make the effort to get proper clothes on.

I do most of my surfing in bed, and rarely do I have clothes on!   shocked Not an image you needed really  lol

Kooky
carrie
Staff
Lifetime Member

CFS and Fibro sufferer

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »

hehehehe at least I am not the only one.
Slow_Leopard
Code Monkey
Lifetime Member

Joint Hypermobility Syndrome

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 09:14:27 PM »

Hi Hayley,

That all sounds very familiar.  Anti-inflamatories like Voltorol (my GP tried like 5 of them) did not work for me and pain killers very much suffer from diminishing returns.  If you are getting headaches I would check with your GP if they are migrainous, you do not need to get aura (visual problems) or nausea for the headaches to be migrainous.  Medications exist called triptains which for a lot of people stop migraines dead and if you are taking pain killers for headaches may be more effective and with less side effects.  All of these medications however just stop the attack or mask the pain, they do not solve the problem.

I found therapeutic massage and indian head massage were effective at reducing both my overall pain level and the frequency of headaches.  I have also had some success with relaxation techniques and I believe if I stick with them better they will have a solid benefit.  I tried them before but was perhaps not open minded enough or persistant with them, trying them again.
Robm

Still here ....

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 07:28:09 AM »

Morning aches are very familier, Im always stiff as a board, particuarly my ribs, back etc... sadly I have gotten used to it being a daily fact, and once in a blue moon will have a day  where I am feeling normal, its these days that make you realise how crap on a general day to day you feel  Huh?
jane1960

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 10:04:34 AM »

Morning aches are very familier, Im always stiff as a board, particuarly my ribs, back etc... sadly I have gotten used to it being a daily fact, and once in a blue moon will have a day  where I am feeling normal, its these days that make you realise how crap on a general day to day you feel  Huh?

Yes how true..thats what Im like also

jane

Its only you that can get you up and back on your feet......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome