March 23, 2019, 02:37:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can't remember?  (Read 3026 times)
Kingjewify

« on: August 27, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »

Hey all,
Im still a bit confused to whether this is just to my dyslexia or to my  CFS, because for some time now, i have been forgetting alot of this, in almost and instant, or forgetting what i had that day or the previous week. For example.

I have just been to Israel on an organised trip for 3 weeks with this youth movement i go to, at the end of the tour, on the last night we had to write down all our memories of what we had done in the previous weeks, and when it came to me writing all mine down, i didn't remember a thing. it was like i never went for the 3 weeks, i only had the couple of memories in my head.

Also it has happened at school, when i was in a lesson, the teacher just explained something to the class, and we all got it the first time, but by the time we were given examples to do ourselves, i had completely forgotten what we had just learnt and what we had to do.

I don't know if this my, my dyslexia or the CFS, can anyone care to explain or help at all?

thanks

Marcus
Kooky
Lifetime Member

Living in interesting times...

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »

What you've experienced was true for me at school. Heaven knows how I got any qualifications!

I have such large gaps that I actually thought I must have a multiple personality disorder, I don't, but that's what it was like.

The rest of my family are dyslexic (I'm not) and they don't have these gaps, so I reckon it's a CFS thing.

FWIW I don't have gaps now I'm older and my CFS is better managed.

Kooky
CelticStar
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:21:28 AM »

Problems with memory and concentration are a symptom of M.E./C.F.S.

Not just with taking in information but also with remembering things you've known for years.

For example, when I'm not having a good day, I can forget really simple words like "and" or "the", I frequently can't remember words when I'm having a conversation.

Funnily enough, apart from the word thing, it's my short term memory that is affected by my M.E. rather than my long term, whilst I struggle to remember what I've had for breakfast on any given day, I can tell you in detail about things that have happened over a year ago....That could just be me though  wink

I also struggle daily with concentration, I used to be able to have all sorts going on around me and could still concentrate on what someone was saying to me, nowadays I can only do one thing at a time, such as watching TV, if someone speaks to me whilst I'm concentrating on the TV then I simply don't register it, to the point where people think I'm ignoring them when it's purely and simply my brain taking everything it has to just watch TV  sad
PawPrints86
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer... 9 years and counting

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:38:00 AM »

Ah crap, what did you just say?? Tongue

Lol, really though, i forget many things, often instantly.

I often cannot find things that i put in a specific place so i would remember where i put them. LOL!

Customers must get so frusterated some days. Im suprised my managers havent like, questioned me or yelled at me yet.

I have an extreme amount of determination and focu....  hey look!! a BED!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome