November 24, 2017, 06:20:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Back pain  (Read 1085 times)
tiredgirl
Gals

« on: May 13, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »

Hi all,

I want some advice regarding my back pain. When I stand up for too long (and long here doesn't mean for much more than 10 minutes) doing washing up or hanging the laundry out my back starts to ache. If I get distracted and busy and don't go and lie down my back sometimes feels like it's about to break and that I need to lay down immediately. When I lie down it really hurts, like I feel all my back hurting as I relax the muscles, and then after a few minutes it's gone. Does anyone else have these symptoms? Also when I walk I don't feel it as much until I stop and then I realise shoot I need to sit down!!!

What do you do to relieve them? I have an appointment with a rheumatologist (sp?) tomorrow, I'm not sure why but my GP referred me there. I just wanted to know if this is a CFS symptom or if I should be worried I've got something else.
hayleyg22

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 01:00:43 PM »

Hello

That definitely sounds like a classic CFS symptom! With M.E as you probably know the M stands for Myalgia (muscle pain and inflammation). It's good your gp has referred you to a rheumatologist who can help with this. I hope all goes well  Smiley
lazylegs
Lifetime Member

Is a CFS/ME sufferer

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »

s_hi tired girl.  This happens to me too, I make sure that I dont stand for too long and use a perching stool in the kitchen.  thumbsup

When hanging the washing, after every 3 or 4 articles I just let my arms hang by my side and just walk a few steps and then carry on,

I find that this relaxes the muscles so that they dont hurt so much.  051bye  LL.x

Its not what you accomplish in life that matters, it`s what you overcome.x
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome