November 24, 2017, 06:22:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Increased muscle issues - could i also have Fibromyalgia?  (Read 1082 times)
hayleyg22

« on: July 23, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »

Hello  Smiley

I was diagnosed with CFS a year ago, and my symptoms do tend to change over time, at first i was very fluey, a few months later headaches were a big issue - with fatigue being the most prominent symptom. I have always had on and off morning stiffness, aching and easily pulled muscles etc.

However the past 2-3 months the muscle issues have been very prominent. I'm constantly tense, i always wake up very stiff in my neck and back and my muscles feel sore to the touch. Previously it was mainly around my neck and shoulder blades, but now it is almost all over - when i touch my thighs or calves, the muscles feel so tender, almost like they are bruised.

I also get days where my muscles get so weak i can barely stand, or get up out of bed. I have spoken to both my benefits advisor from an ME support group, and today with my occupational therapist, and they have both asked if i was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My O/T today explained it is a sister condition, and very similar to CFS. However could these muscle issue just be the myalgia part of the CFS, i mean how would i know if i also had fibro separately?

I have heard that CFS has fatigue as the most predominant symptom, and fibro is pain, but i would say currently they are around the same for me, possibly a little more pain recently. I'm constantly aching all over and bruise really easily too, and am very sensitive to pain (Ie: if i bang into something it hurts 10x more than it used to)

So just wondered if this sounds like fibro, or if it is just part of the CFS. I am seeing my GP friday so will mention it.

Many thanks

Hayley x
mlou

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:57:16 PM »

Hi Hayley  s_hi you should mention this to our G.P same as you I have had CFS/ME for many years I was diagnosed about 4 years ago but had symptoms many years beforehand. Then around 2 years ago I started getting muscle pain/spasms just generally very achy and bruised like feelings in my arms I've suffered most with the pain being in my legs.  I told my G.P and was then referred to see a Rheumatologist who diagnosed me with Fibro.  There is medication out there that can help take the edge of things, hope you get on ok on Friday  hug x
hayleyg22

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »

Great thank you, hopefully the GP will be able to refer me somewhere. It does sounds likely then as thats the same kind of feelings i get x
mlou

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »

Let me know how you get on tomorrow.  :hugx
hayleyg22

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »

Thank you  c017 xx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome