November 24, 2017, 06:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: pain spreading  (Read 1528 times)
mlou

« on: September 28, 2012, 04:29:06 PM »

Feeling in a bad way cry I have both M.E and Fibro and normally my symptoms are tiredness, weak, suffer from a lot of pains in my legs and the tops of my arms hurt now and again 'a bruised like feeling' but that comes and goes. Over the past week I've had a lot of muscle tension in my neck area and also my back.  From reading other peoples posts when I come on to this sight I know a lot of you suffer with aching necks and backs. I'm thinking is this next  cry I physically cant take anymore pain.  My job Isn't helping which I know? I have my own Cleaning business on a Part Time basis, I've kept going and going but with it being physical It's starting to take It's toll  bang head my body feels like It's been in a boxing ring. I'm wondering is it the reason why I have these new symptoms am I wearing myself down? I've had M.E/Fibro for 2 years and holding down the job has been a battle I'm now at breaking point. I could really do with finding a job where I work from home I have a family and cant afford to not just work. if we win the Euro's tonight then It will be one less worry.  sign0085
Kaela

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »

Well, it could be you're overdoing it and it might not...

I know that doesn't sound like a helpful answer but if you are getting stressed out then this could be causing tension in the muscles in your neck and back. So it might be an idea to try and relax yourself, take a bath or get someone to give you a massage. Some gel or oil for muscle pain might be a good investment too. If you can find a way to relax then your muscles might just relax too.
Also for this kind of pain - I usually find 'distraction' techniques such as heatpad or ice packs or heat/cool gels help me to get some much needed rest and propping my pillows up to make a wedge can help avoid worsening the pain when laid down.

That being said it might be worth taking a few precautions if this is a sign you're overdoing it. Try and cut back if possible on household chores - only do what really needs to be done right now (a little bit of dust won't kill anyone) and try to get as much rest as you can whilst you're not working. Also if there are any ways to amend what you do in your job to make it easier then do it.

Its probably true that such a physical job isn't the best for ME or Fibro and perhaps it would be worth to sit down at some point and consider other employment options. I would also suggest going to your doctor to discuss how your feeling and see if they can give any better medication to manage your pain.
soozieq

M.E/CFS/FIBRO

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »

s_hi mlou and no more to say apart from  iagree with everything Kaela said.
Take care and hope you find some relief soon.
Sooz x

One day at a time....all I can manage
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome