November 24, 2017, 06:23:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Might be worth trying  (Read 720 times)
Nic

« on: January 06, 2013, 12:22:11 AM »

I just wanted to share something which is currently helping me with widespread pain.  I bought a bath spa mat (one which also has a heat function, so it doesn't cool the water down too quickly) and it is really helping to provide short-term relief from the pain.  It's a bit like having a whole body massage.

The noise made from the water bubbling is quite loud - so not a good idea when you are noise sensitive, but I am able to tolerate it with my MP3 player on and headphones in.  Although the pain returns once out of the bath, the relief it gives helps to relax the tension which the pain causes and delays the severe pain for about an hour after.  In terms of respite when nothing else is working, it is the best thing I have used to date.

They are a bit pricey (mine was 147), but after only a week I feel as though this has been money well spent.

Just wanted to share in case anyone is searching for the same sort of respite  Kiss
Keela Too
Lifetime Member

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »

Sounds lovely!   s_cool

I'm a little achey today (luckily this rarely affects me) so I'm considering an Epsom Salts bath this morning. 

Epsom salts are magnesium sulphate, and apparently a bath a good way of absorbing the magnesium we need... that and making up a concentrated solution to dab on like cologne after a bath....

A REAL bubble bath though would be LURVERLY I think!

My ME Blog Just ME Check the Index for some posts on Pacing
May 2015 Awareness post: Well enough to Drink Coffee?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome