June 24, 2017, 05:27:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Getting Better .....  (Read 8025 times)
Aidy
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« on: July 27, 2015, 07:31:34 PM »

Hi Folks, it has been quite a while since I last posted. I have been living with CFS/FM for about 12 years. For the past 2 years I have been in remission from CFS .. I still have fibro but the fatigue appears to be receding (a bit like my hairline) I do still get days where doing anything is a chore but and here is the good news I can still do it without the longlasting effects I had before. My biggest problem is getting myself started, after 10 or 11 years of doing nothing ... doing something takes a bit of starting. I have in effect become lazy and also overweight. I do intend to rectify that situation ...... The reason I am posting is to let you know you can get over this .... it may take some time but it can happen. I know for many of you old-timers on here (and no I don't mean you Agapanthus) CFS/ME is part of who you are, and has defined how you live for quite a long time but like me many of you have managed to if not beat it at least learn how to live with it. Don't ever give up hope and keep on fighting not only for better recognition of this awful illness but for more research into it's causes and treatment.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and good luck all

Aidy aka 'Ook

Never knowingly off topic....
Keela Too
Lifetime Member

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:27:18 PM »

Hey Aidy,
Good to hear of your remission... I'm a relative newb to this, but I can understand how adjusting back up again would be tough too.  Habits need to change, and that caution (that I have now, because I MUST have it) would also be hard to let go.

Best wishes for your future increased activity, and thanks for coming back to let others know.  You aren't mentioning any treatment or therapy, so I'm guessing your remission was somewhat unexplained and spontaneous.  Maybe I'll get lucky that way too. xx

My ME Blog Just ME Check the Index for some posts on Pacing
May 2015 Awareness post: Well enough to Drink Coffee?
Mike94

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 09:04:12 PM »

Sounds promising, thanks for sharing and best of luck  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome