December 12, 2017, 12:38:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Migraine of my Life  (Read 10303 times)
EvanCarter

« on: September 19, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »

Yesterday I woke up with a mild throbbing in my head. Since it wasn't too bad I didn't take any pills. Worst mistake ever. I then proceeded to go about my day, the migraine ever building until it reached a crescendo at dinner, 10 hours later. The room began spinning, everything seemed incredibly unreal. The pain from the migraine - I could locate exactly where it was, right behind my left eye and slightly up. I thought my eye was going to pop out of my head from the pressure. I rushed home, desperate to swallow pain medication. I walked out of the building and was assaulted by the sunlight. I was forced to shield my eyes as a stumbled home, the entire time feeling as if my brain was on fire. By the time I got back, I was actually afraid I was having a brain annurism - I had never felt anything more miserable in my entire life. Even after taking 3 pills, it still took nearly half an hour for it to begin subsiding. Literally, the worst thing in my life.
Slow_Leopard
Code Monkey
Lifetime Member

Joint Hypermobility Syndrome

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 09:34:54 AM »

Hi EvanCarter,

Sorry to hear about that.

Ask your GP about Triptan medications.  They will likely start you on Sumatriptan although I found that did not work fast enough and am not on Rizatriptan wafers.

You may have these already and just decided not to take them on a possible onset.  They are not painkillers, rather they work by sorting the spasm / blood flow issues that are believed to cause migraines.  You take them when you feel it coming on, otherwise the dont do  censored
Keela Too
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 10:03:40 AM »

I too have had migraines like that.  

I now use Maxalt Melt (Rizatriptan) wafers... amazing little things, but they do need taken at onset, so need to be carried at all times.

And I agree most scary miserable experience.  At least child birth means you have a baby at the end!!

My ME Blog Just ME Check the Index for some posts on Pacing
May 2015 Awareness post: Well enough to Drink Coffee?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome