November 24, 2017, 06:26:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What kind of pain do you get?  (Read 1095 times)
dev89

« on: September 23, 2015, 08:46:50 AM »

s_hi

I just wondered what sort of pain people get and if it's always in the same areas of the body? I'm assuming we're all very different & I'm just curious.

My pain is mostly in my legs, lower back, hips & knees but I also get random shooting pains up my arms too. It's hard to describe the pain, it's like shooting, stabbing, throbbing and pulsing pain all at one and I get these sharp pains every so often that stops me in my tracks.

This only happens when I relapse, when I'm having good days I can be completely pain free. I think I take those days for granted and when I am in pain I long for those pain-free days!

Keep smiling Smiley
Kersey48
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 11:10:57 AM »

Hi, I get lots of pain - I was hospitalised two years ago as it felt like something was drilling into my pelvis.  Nothing showed on xrays etc and they gave me strong pain killers which gave me bleeding stomach, vomiting blood, and severe constipation - I ended up refusing all these and going with a hot water bottle and bed rest.  When I was back home I invested in a little EMP device from HoMedics (you can get it from Amazon) and I use that a lot now in all sorts of places on my body.  About four years ago I paid to see a neurologist privately (the NHS waiting list was 2 years long!).  He diagnosed peripheral neuropathy - although the diagnosis does not result in any real treatment it is surprising how much more seriously consultants take you with the diagnosis!!  My pain is of all sorts - stabbing, like  a cattle prod!, feeling like water down your leg or arm when there is no water around, prickling, sensitivity (cant stand bed clothes on my feet - capsicum cream helped with this). etc etc.  I just learn to live with it - although I have been attending a chronic pain management course and I really recommend this.
Anne56

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 11:30:29 AM »

I get a lot of pain mainly in my right hip, knee, ankle and my left arm. This can move around. I also have problems with my neck and shoulders. The pain feels like my leg or arm has been put in a vice!! I also get stabbing pains and strange sensations which feel like something is running across my arm or foot. I have recently been diagnosed (if you can call it that) with Fibromyalgia which people with ME often suffer from. My gp has given me a very low dose of Nortriptyline to take at night as that is when my pain is worse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome