August 18, 2017, 10:48:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pain relief without codeine  (Read 2144 times)
tarotali

« on: September 20, 2016, 01:29:55 PM »

I am currently coming to the end of Day 5 of withdrawal from taking codeine, so over the worse.  However, now I am able to judge more clearly how much pain I have all day, every day.  Yes, it is bearable, but it does make me feel nauseous/more tired/irritable.  I can just about cope at home by myself, but the thought of travelling (hubby is starting to plan trips away this winter) or being around other people literally makes me even more ill.

I always used to take one of my co-codamol tablets to take the edge off and help me relax. 

I have Ibruprofen and pain gel from the doctor for if a migraine starts or my hip/shoulder flares up - but is the general all-over body soreness that is getting me down.

Any suggestions for coping, especially when travelling?

Ali x
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 02:01:57 PM »

Hi Ali,

If you haven't already, good quality magnesium is worth trying - preferably in glycinate form, but citrate is okay and cheaper. the powder (mixed in water) is better absorbed than tablets. The trick is to take enough - there's no danger in taking too much other than loose stools!

And good on you for trying to get off the meds - okay, sometimes they're the only option, but your liver hates them!

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 04:23:36 PM »

I can relate to this Ali. I find travelling really difficult, I feel like I've been beaten with a bag of spanners, and when I get there have to rest to recoup energy and rest again to prepare for journey home ! i never go anywhere spontaneously as I need several days rest and planning before even attempting a journey, which is just what I'm doing for a couple of days in Chester this weekend. Eating out is a bit of a nightmare on hols triggering IBS even though I always enquire about allergens in the food.

My advice is plan well and rest even more ! X
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome