December 14, 2017, 06:27:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Variation  (Read 2752 times)
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« on: September 24, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »

I'm monitoring my blood pressure at the moment. There seems to be quite a variation throughout the day. I know 120/80 is the ideal but mine has been as high as 144/90 and down to 127/81. My activity level is fairly constant so I wonder why the variation ?
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:40:18 PM »

BP is extremely mental state sensitive, nep, so I'd guess that as first suspect. Maybe worth trying twenty minutes of mindfulness. Assuming the session achieves it's objective, then I'd expect your BP at the end to be at its lowest. One problem is that if you start to get anxious about your BP, the very act of taking it will make it shoot up. So in the hope of easing the possibility of 'measuring anxiety', be assured that the highest reading you mentioned is nothing to worry about regardless of what your GP might say. Until the early 1960's, any GP was happy with your age + 100 for the systolic, and during the period up until then heart disease was WAY lower than it is these days, when everyone and their dog seems to be on BP meds - makes you wonder what's going on!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:30:49 PM by roger » Logged

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome