December 11, 2017, 09:03:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Herbs  (Read 2232 times)
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« on: November 18, 2016, 11:56:43 AM »

Just wondering if there are others like me currently using herbal treatments  ?
What do you use and what do you benefit from ?
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »

Hi Nep

1.   Turmeric with organic black pepper 80%/20% mix – for the liver. A dirty liver = disease.

2.   Slippery elm bark – heals leaky gut. It takes a long time and there are quicker ways. But the quicker ways are VERY expensive.

3.   Ashwagandha – if you have CFS, you have anxiety. Ashwagandha is great for anxiety, though it’s not a quick fix. The quick fixes are toxic.

4.   Cayenne pepper – great for digestion.

5.   Amla – great for constipation – if you strain and don’t go at least twice a day, you’re constipated - but also very good for many other things.

6.   Astragalus – good for many things – google it.

7.   Cinnamon – must be CEYLON cinnamon. Helps balance blood sugar….VERY important!

Don’t buy in supplement form. Buy as powders, preferably organic, and either add to smoothies or encapsulate.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 07:23:01 PM »

Which ashwaghanda do you recommend Obi-wan-the-wise-one ?
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 07:18:20 AM »

I use this one - https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/shop/buy/organic-ashwagandha-powder - it doesn't taste good, so best to put it into capsules.

Re wise-one - I better put it on record that my many experiments have failed FAR more often than they've succeeded. Yes I've learned a lot, but much more to do with trial and error than brains  smile

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 04:15:28 AM »

As you know Nep, I go to a medical herbalist so she gives me a mix of herbs to help overall. Currently I am on Feverfew,Baical skullcap,Marshmallow, St John’s wort, Liquorice and Withania/Ashwaganda

I also use Slippery Elm and Oil of Oregano.

In addition I use a herbal sleep remedy called Quiet Life.

2.Be.Or.Not.2.Be
That-Is-The-Question

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 10:57:12 PM »

I use Tu Si Zi (Dodder Seed) a Chinese herb which addresses many problems which CFS suffers have in common ie the HPA axis. It tones the Kidney, naturally lowering cortisol levels, good for anxiety and similar things. It improves pituatory function actually increasing the weight of the pituatory gland and improving all the things which the pituatory affects. It also helps the hypothalamus. I have used it for a veyr long time. It can be a bit constipating but it's benefits are worth that small effect and that can be counteracted. I used about 15 grams per day taking two mugs of it per day boiled in a largish saucepan of about 20cm. I use about 54 grams and boil it for about an hour before pouring it into jug after it has cooled and keep it all in the fridge. I have tried powdered extract of Dodder seed with powdered Gou Qi Zi extract but I do not find it as good as the boiled seeds. This might be because when boiling the herbs I can see a small amount of oil on the top of the brown liquid which I think is essential oils from the herbs which I believe is what is responsible for the toning effects of the herbs and this might not be present in decent quantities in the powdered extracts. It pays to add Gou Qi Zi commonly corrupted by Americans to Goji Berries (wolf berries). I could eat piles of the berries if I could as they do seem to work quite well for me but they are quite high in sugar/carbs so I have to stay away from them.

It doesn't solve every problem but it definately helps a lot and I would not be without it.

I was using Ashwagandha extract for a time but ran out and it is fairly expensive so I have not bothered since. It would help my thyroid which does tend to be on the low side. That indigo herbs link is to a powdered herb and not an extract. A lot of the powdered herb is required. There are different extracts available in different strengths. Some are only 2.5% whereas others are much stronger.

BTW Slippery Elm will not fix leaky gut. Leaky gut is caused by a bacterial infection! A bacterial infection which I have had some partial success with defeating using Colloidal silver. It destroyed a large part of the largest biofilm but left a small section in the middle of it. They are so highly resistant that it takes a lot to destroy them but the partial success seems very promising and something which I intend to do everything to explore further. I have a number of other fairly large biofilms which were not affected. They must DIE! I have some ideas on how to destroy the rest but I need to make some high quality Colloidal Silver to do that and I am attempting to put together what I need to do that. I have a lot of the basic parts but I am missing a case for a magnetic stirrer and a case for the control unit and putting a case around the control unit is proving very difficult because of the LED display and the buttons which are tiny micro buttons which are very difficult to fit well into a case. I might desolder them and replace them with larger buttons which should be easier to fit in a case. I have had to consider shielding to prevent electromagnetic fields from affecting the charged ionic particles. I also need some other parts which have also been a bit difficult to work out. I wanted a method of switching the electrodes using a timing circuit but working out the timing and the required resistor and capacitor sizes needed to produce the time I want is difficult. The formula for the time, I have some doubts about and I didn't want to order the wrong parts. More expense. I think I could be very close to eliminating (CFS).

I use Milk Thistle extract for my Liver, I do have slightly elevated liver enzymes, Tu Si Zi is meant to help with them too. I do supplement with a number of Glutathione producing substances such as Methionine, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Glycine and Glutamine. Milk Thistle extract has been banned by the drug companies because they claim it has medicine properties and might affect their drug sales such as diabetic drugs. Courtesy of the THMPD which I hope is going to get repealed as soon as we leave the EU which cannot happen soon enough as far as I am concerned because this is another crap thing which came from the EU.

I use some Licorice root for it's Cortisol promoting effects as energy flow is fairly poor. I started using a Chinese extract of licorice called Zhi Gan Cao which is treated with honey.

I use MSM MethylSulfonylMethane to provide much needed methyl groups.

I was using Lecithin to help soften my stools because I think that the constipation which many Leaky Gut sufferers experience is caused by dramatically low levels of Choline and Acetlycholine which is produced from choline is a major nerve stimulant in the body. It all gets used up by the liver leaving little to produce Acetylcholine to stimulate the colon. Lecithin does have other benefits such as cell membranes but it can lead to some tiredness. It might be good to help you sleep at night. ATM I do not really need much of it as my colon is moving fairly well, it did get too soft, maybe some irritable gut. I added some calcium which has slowed it down and made it firmer.

I control ME, it doesn't control me.
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 07:51:46 AM »

Great post,2.Be.Or.Not.2.Be, but just a few points, based purely on my personal experience –

1. Re slippery elm bark – you’re right, it doesn’t deal with the cause of leaky gut. For that, like you I used colloidal silver, but added oregano oil and hydrogen peroxide. But once the bad guys were dealt with, having tried several other options without success, I found slippery elm bark tremendously successful for the healing process.

2. For a long time, I bought the extract idea, but then it struck me that the whole plant had been used successfully for centuries, and wondered if the synergistic processes of the whole plant ingredients made more sense. For me, it did, and now I believe that the extract idea has more to do with marketing than anything else.

3. MSM – in my experience, the vast majority of MSM supplements are pretty useless due, I suspect, to what’s added to the MSM to make it viable for processing into capsules/tablets. I eventually found a pure organic MSM in powder form that, for me, worked miracles.

4. In my experience, whatever herb is being tried, QUALITY is everything. So many offerings at the cheaper end of the market just don't cut it. I wasted a lot of money finding that out!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome