March 23, 2019, 02:21:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Omeprazole and tiredness  (Read 1496 times)
jadeybaby88

« on: November 29, 2016, 09:48:09 PM »

Evening all,

I was just wondering if any body else who takes Omeprazole has noticed there fatigue increase? I took Omeprazole and Ranitidine many years ago for a week and was so tired I couldn't lift my head or get out of bed for 4 days. I came off both but was told it was very likely Ranitidine.

I have recently (month ago) been put back on Omeprazole, did explain previous to GP, and for the last 3+ weeks my tiredness has increased. I feel like I am constantly struggling with my CFS, which happens occasionally but I will usually have a flare up and then go back to managing okay, but I just feel like i'm constantly struggling through each day.

Thought I would see if you guys think it may be related before stopping the meds/going to the doctors

Thanks Smiley

Jade
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 06:43:09 AM »

Hi Jade,

One of the many adverse effects of Omeprazole is blocking absorption of magnesium, which can certainly cause tiredness and muscle weakness. Have you ever had your stomach acid levels checked? I ask because reflux is often caused by too little stomach acid rather than too much.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
jadeybaby88

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:36:38 AM »

Oh okay so would it be a case of increasing magnesium intake?

Ive had a camera down which was normal? How else would they test for it? I have been put back on not due to burning etc but asthma as it is due to my throat I'm having asthma attacks!
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »

Hi Jade,

I'm really sorry you're having these problems.

I don't think there'd be much point in taking more MG orally while you're still using the omeprazole. One option might be to use MG oil all over your body on a daily basis, but it is very sticky! This is a good one - http://www.salesatdrmyhill.co.uk/transdermal-magnesium-chloride-spray-250ml-45-p.asp

I'm afraid you won't get a proper test from an Allopathic doctor. If you can find one in your area, I'd suggest seeing a naturopathic doctor, but that wouldn't be on the NHS. You can check for a local (or reasonably local) one here - http://www.naturopathy-uk.com/resources/practitioners-directory/

Finally, it's worth bearing in mind that Omeprazole isn't intended for long time use because it blocks several nutrients, vitamin B12 being another important one. Even the FDA warns against using it for more than a few weeks.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:52:02 AM by roger » Logged

jyotishnath

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 05:27:41 PM »

Here is the details of Omeprazole Side Effects and Interactions https://www.tabletinside.com/omez-side-effects-dosage-uses/
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 06:11:28 PM »

Hi jyotishnath and welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting.

Anne56

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 02:15:36 AM »

Hi,

I find that any medication and some herbal remedies worsen my symptoms, especially fatigue.i ve tried taking Nortriptyline a few times but always feel terrible the next day. I've given up on all medications now.  bang head
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome