November 16, 2018, 05:05:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's The Criteria For Getting Income Support Rather Than ESA Work Group?  (Read 18926 times)
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 07:49:56 AM »

What a palava eh Rainbow? Well done with getting it followed up though, and checking. So glad that it got through to someone - you just never know. Good to that they have cancelled that appointment for you.

I hope that sense will prevail and that you get the home assessment. Ideally they will take another look at your paperwork and decided that they don't need to see you at all!

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 03:02:10 PM »

I have more news.

Opened a letter from the esa assessment people & it say's another appointment at the job centre has been made for me on 24th of Jan. Opened the next letter from the ESA assessment people & it say's the original appointment on Jan 14th has been cancilled.

I phone the ESA assessment people but lowis is not there today & nothing is showing on my screen so he is getting her to call me back on Monday, he thinks it's the computer systen that has auto sent another appointment because the first one has been cancelled.

Then I open the next letter & it's telling me my DLA is going to stop & I need to apply for PIP before Feb 2nd

Happy flaming new year to me

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 06:19:30 PM »

Oh Rainbow. What a muddle re the ESA stuff. Unbelievable.

Horrible news to have the DLA to PIP arrive also. I can't help but wonder if one triggers the other. My son has just been through DLA to PIP (waiting for a Reconsideration on the result), and I am half expecting him to say that his ESA assessment has arrived. It'a really unpleasant system.

I did quite a bit of work for my son on the DLA to PIP form, and sent off for medical evidence as soon as that letter arrived. The one good thing is that as iit's DLA to PIP, they do give you quite a bit of time to ring them. I advised him to leave it almost as long as possible. Maybe not quite the last day, but almost. It does give you a bit of grace to perhaps start roughing out replies, and sending for evidence. Maybe some of your ESA evidence would do for both? However it depends on details given, as it's for a different purpose. It would be brilliant if the ESA people do accept that you need a home visit, as it's then a sort of acknowlegement of your mobility issues.

Which guide did you use to help you do the ESA form? Do you have a guide for the PIP one? There is a free one online via Action for ME which is quite good I think, but it takes a bit of finding on their site. Their ESA one I think is good too. Otherwise Benefits and Work do one which is good but has to be paid for, but I did find theirs so long winded that I tied myself up in knots at times trying to follow it. I have a habit of following 3 guides at the same time, which isn't altogether a good idea.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 09:04:15 PM »

A friend sent me a link to filling out the ESA form I think it was citizen's advice. I've just been looking at Action For M.E & have found several links here:

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/living-with-me/welfare-benefits/

So will look through those. They have just given me about a month to apply, I need to apply before Feb 5th I think it was.

I'm going to call my GP when she is in on Tuesday morning & ask her if she can print off the supporting letter she wrote for the ESA application & I'm going to ask her to do the same for the letter & email she sent to say why I can't attend a appontment out of my home & give them to me to send with the PIP form I need to fill out.

I have a copy of what I wrote in the ESA form so will also have that to go by.

I'm going to start PIP on Monday because they give you a few weeks to fill out the form so will have the answer to home assessment or not by then if Lowis say's it's a automated appintment they sent me out.

I didn't know the ESA people could say I don't need an assessment after reading the GP's evidence, though so there is a little tiny light there

Ho hum
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 12:06:01 PM »

I've just done the PIP form on Benefit's and work website & I don't have enough points for care I did on the DLA so that's going to be 21.95 a week worse off. I think I do reach the enhanced rate on mobility which is what I have got on DLA.

It's hard to work out what 20 meters is in any measurements I googled it & it's come up with about the length of 5 cars trouble is it's a long time since I've gone past 5 cars & can't remember because I have CFS & other illnesses I forget & can't get out.

Oh yes that's why I'm puttin g myself through claiming  bang head
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »

Oh dear Rainbow, I am so sorry to hear that. Yes, I think the criteria are harsher than DLA as they don't have a lower rate any more for the Care side (or Daily Living as I think they now call it).

The mobility criteria are the same apart from the 20 metres issue which was hotly contested and debated at the time, as it was kind of sneaked in as I remember without discussion. Don't forget to stress the point that you are unable to do the action repeatedly, reliably and safely though. You may be able to do it once, but not more than once. Or it may be that you cannot do it at all anyway, but it's worth going into some detail on it.

The reason I think it's good to use Action for ME or an ME linked guide is that they understand the limitations of the illness and provide appropriate advice then on what to say. That said, I would think that the Citizen's Advice one would be excellent too.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »

Well I've listened to 15 mins of talking with me giving my details in between & I have now started the PIP claim.

What was interesting she said that they will contact someone to carry out a medical assessment, so looks like first time applying for PIP automatically means health assessment?.

Then I called Lowis & she looked on screen & she said that they have to have an open appointment on screen so that's why they auto sent me 24th of Jan. No one has looked at my extra info from Dr Baldwin yet she thinks it should be done by next week. If it gets close to 24th of Jan & I have not heard from them then I need to call her again.

So now it's waiting for the PIP booklet I need to fill in & the outcome of the ESA assessment if I can have a home one or not.

I will call my GP tomorrow & ask her to re print the supporting letter for me ESA claim pack for me PIP claim pack & also print out the letter she sent to ESA saying I need a home assessment so I can send that with my PIP claim too.

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 03:06:53 PM »

Hello again Rainbow, and good luck with all of that. I thought you might want to wait a bit before getting your form to give you a bit more time, but as you probably have all the info you need and medical evidence that you are likely to get, then maybe not.

Consider sending in evidence from a relative or friend who knows you well and who know enough about how you manage. If they find it hard to know what to write, then write a few questions for them based on the descriptors so they know what would be relevant and useful. I did this for my son, and also got his carer to write something.

No, it does not automatically mean that you get a face to face assessment with PIP. My son recently went from DLA to PIP and they contacted him to say that they had enough info to make a decision without seeing him (based on the paperwork sent). However in his case he had had a Social Services needs assessment, and we were able to send them a full copy which covers most of the things in the PIP form. Also there were about 5 separate evidence letters from Psych, GP, me,  etc. So, yes, I think most people would get called for one.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 09:17:54 PM »

Thank You,

I've had the letter from the ESA assessment people & I don't have to go to an assessment they are going to come to me, so now I have to wait for the letter with the home appointment date & time. It say's at the end of the letter that I hope this will not cause you any further concern so perhaps my GP got through to them how stressful this is.

I'm also hoping that if this assessment goes in my favour that the PIP form will go through with no medical needed because I've heard that these two company's now talk to each other.

My GP did not call me back so I called the GP's again to see why & yet another mess up with the system because I was not only put down for a call back today but also down for one next week perhaps they know something I don't!

Her screen was crossed off as if she had called me & everyone on there so they think something went wrong with the system & probably no one got called back!?.

So she is in the next village along's branch of the surgery on Thursday so I'm down for a call back from here then. The receptionist said that if letters need to come to my branch from the other one the receptionists will bring them, trouble is do I believe that after the mess up with the call back's!.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 11:49:35 AM »

GP called,

She is gong to re hash the ESA supporting letter & the I can't go to assessments letter & will post them to me so I can include them in my PIP claim form when it arrives.

PHEW!

And Breathe  Wink

Will let you konw when the ESA home assessment is
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2017, 04:31:06 PM »

Forms Here

40 PAGES

shocked  shocked  shocked

I've got 4 A4 sized pages written with all my illnesses & One Page Written With All My Medication.

My back hurts, my arms hurt & I'm fed up!!!

Will start on 1st proper question tomorrow

HUMPH!

No ESA medical date & no GP's letters yet.
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 06:52:55 PM »

Right I might as well update this while I'm here.

Still no GP letters to support my PIP claim, so on Thursday I called the GP's & asked to speak to a sec I had to leave a message. An hour or two later she called me back & nothing has been given to them to type up so she sent the GP a urgent email she was in that day & said she would call me as soon as it was ready.

I've heard nothing since then, I've still got a little time to play with so am hoping they get to me before I have to send it back  fingerscrossed

Still no letter about when the ESA home medical will be perhaps they can't find anyone to take my case  Smiley
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »

The two GP letters arrived today, Mum & my Brother wrote supporting letters too I've ticked all boxes & stapled all extra writing in the right places & signed & dated it.

So it's off on it's journey tomorrow.

Wonder if this one will take as long as the blooming ESA saga or you never know I might get this one's answer before the ESA  57
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »

Good luck with this Rainbow. So glad to hear that your GP came good again. It's tough having both ESA and PIP to deal with at the same time.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »

I have to say it's been a lot more stressful than I thought it would be, I didn't imagine 5 months later I still have no answer to ESA just more waiying
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »

They are still driving me up the wall,

Monday morning text message from DWP PIP we have not got your form you need to send it back by 9th Feb.

I call them, yes that's right screen say's it's not hear it takes 7-10 day's call back mid week.

Half an hour later I get another text from them saying thank you for sending your all about you form back

So now they think they have it!?!  bang head

Today Friday I have a letter from them, we have not had your all about you form back yet  bang head

Called them again, yes they have it & have passed it onto the assessers. So I said the next thing then will be a letter saying if they will pay me or not or need to see me?

Yes we have set it to the assessors that look at claims in the Cambridgeshire area which is Atos  bang head I nearly said out loud oh no not the Atossers!!!

They will decide if they need to see you or not & send a letter with an appointment.

I nearly said well you will need to join the back of the que!  Tongue

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 01:00:07 PM »

Now I have a letter from DLA that they are in the process of getting me off to say there will be an increase in April

What the heck do I care  41 57
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2017, 12:17:27 PM »

I can't believe it, it just gets worse!

So I've just had a phone call from someone from ATOS on behalf of PIP.

Oh hello

I'm just calling you because there has been a few cancellations for next week for your medical assessment.

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???

1, Who decided I needed an assessment?
2, Why was I not told I need a medical assessment?
3, I have a letter from my GP stapled on my form I filled out saying I can not get to an assessment centre so why are you calling me to go to an assessment centre?

So I say to her no, I can't go to an assessment centre I have a GP's letter saying I can't go to an assessment centre stapled to the form I wrote out.

Oh well I can't decide if you can have a home assessment I will pass that on, I said I know there is a letter from my GP stapled inside my form stating I can't go to an assessment centre because it would be too stressful & exhausting for me to go, I'm waiting on an ESA home assessment they said I could have a home assessment I'm just waiting on a date to go.

Ok I will put that down too

And off she went

What the Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??

So basically no one has even read my form! on the section near the back where it say's about having a medical I stapled the GP's letter to it & wrote on the form where they give you a box to write in ON this section of the form not anywhere else where it's talking about having the assessment that I have a GP's letter stapled on top of this question stating that I can't go.

So what's the point? there isn't one I might as well of given one word answers to all questions & sent it back!.

It's now 7 yes 7 months since starting the ESA renewal & 3 months for the PIP one.

So she is now sending the info on that I can't go to an assessment for someone to decide weather I have a home assessment or go to an assessment centre.  Weather they actually look at my form towards the back & see the GP's letter saying i can't go to an assessment or choose to not see it like whoever looked at my form in the first place who knows

I've never been so funming about anything in my whole life

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 08:43:36 AM »

I wish I could say I was surprised by this Rainbow, but all the people I know who have ever tried to get a home assessment seem to have gone through the same kind of scenario as you describe.

I suspect that they have certain people doing certain jobs, and this person's job is just to ring people for assessments. They don't ask that person to do anything else (like check the forms to see if the person has asked for a home assessment).

Hard to know if it's deliberate or incompetence, but I think they work on the premise that NO ONE will have a home assessment. I have been out of the loop on the whole benefits thing, but I know that in the past the GP had to actually fax ATOS to get this set up. I expect that then a different department picks that up. It looks as if this woman has now sent your form and letter off to that department, but I guess you could always email ATOS if you want to make sure of that?

It certainly adds to distrust in the whole process.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »

Thanks Aggy,

I totally lost it on the phone to Atos this afternoon.

I had a letter saying they have looked at my form again & they still want me to have a assessment somewhere. So I phones them up & as soon as she asked me how she could help I just broke down.

I said that I have had a letter saying I need a medical assessment but I sent with my form a letter from my GP saying that I can't go to an assessment because I'm Ill. So she looks at everything on screen that was sent with my form & said there was two letters from a GP which she read out, they were exactly the same saying she supports my claim instead of one saying that & one saying I can't attend assessments.

It's all my fault.

So she took my GP's phone number & that she is only there Tuesday mornings she said she doubts they will get her so I said I will write out & send the GP letter by Mum to the post office today. She said there was a appointment made for 23rd she has cancelled that & asked them to look at it again & that I am sending in a GP letter saying I can't attend an assessment out of my home. But they could look at my form again before the letter gets there, & they might not get her on the phone if it's not a Tuesday morning.

She asked me if it's just my GP because i have lots of illnesses I explained that I should see someone for my Ulcerative colitis, asthma, a neuro surgeon for my IIH but I can't get to any appointments I'm too ill & that I have not left my home since boxing day which I haven't.

I've never lost it on the phone as I did today I've just had enough.

How can the same company want to see me twice?

She was trying to calm me down by saying you don't need to get this upset I said it's OK for her she has a job & that she can pay her bills I said this is my life I could be on the street.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »

The appointment that's been cancelled has arrived & they are going to send me from Cambridgeshire to Bury St Edmonds which is 35 miles away I don't drive. I can't use public transport & they may or may not pay for a taxi!

I really really want to tell them where to go
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »

I had a PIP letter typed 12th which is this Sunday just gone, I had no idea they worked on Sundays!

Anyway I can now have a home assessment for PIP as well as ESA & I am now waiting for a letter from them both with a date. They are both from Atos wonder if they send the same person twice!

neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2017, 01:47:36 PM »

Of course they will want paying twice ! Also different criteria for each benefit. Hope you have arranged to record both assessments.
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »

I suppose so

Nope I've not read anything about recording the assessments
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2017, 05:50:56 PM »

These are the rules for recording equipment both companies - depending which one you are with .....

http://www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/faq_view/recording_my_consultation

http://www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/assessment-process.html

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome