November 21, 2018, 06:03:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's The Criteria For Getting Income Support Rather Than ESA Work Group?  (Read 19156 times)
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2017, 05:58:51 PM »

Yesterday high stress today more curious at the mo, that's a better feeling so going with that.

Still working on the needy feeling I've had ever since don't like it, though I know from previous needy times it does pass with time  smile

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »

And better feelings are good feelings, the best to cultivate  smile

It will, of course, and if you can learn not to experience it in the first place, so much the better.

I think the greatest, or at least one of the greatest, steps I made towards wellness was learning to focus on the positive and deal with the negative, by eliminating it or ignoring it - tremendously therapeutic!!

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2017, 07:55:48 PM »

I'm usually really good at not registering the bad/unwell aspects of the illnesses i have & I go along not bad in the mental health steaks despite being diagnosed as clinically depressed  a few years back & finding out it's not really being treated because I'm on too low a dose so I'm actually quiet pleased I'm doing so well with that.

It's just because I had to go there as aggy said I had to unpack it all & I really wasn't ready for the fall out from that.

But today is much better than yesterday already so progress is being made thanks to you & aggy you have both helped pick me up off the floor from falling over & scraping my knees on the atos PIP benefit journey & the ESA journey.

Thank you both for caring
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2017, 05:50:13 AM »

Well it's great to hear that you're getting over it.  smile

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »

Well the waiting does not get any easier does it   undecided

I'm no further forwards than I was 14 days ago when Simon left  undecided

It's now 9 months ago I returned the ESA forms  undecided

Just one whole load of  undecided  undecided  undecided

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2017, 11:57:57 AM »

It's here!

The brown envelope was hanging out the letter box.

So I have standard for both living & mobility until 2021 so 4 years

I was on low care high mobility on DLA which was 317 just gone up this April to 320 every 4 weeks

Now on the PIP standard for both is 310.60 every 4 weeks

So that's a loss to me of 9.40 every 4 weeks which is 122.20 less a year that's if I get to keep ESA support group.

I've looked through his decision reasoning a couple of times & he has missed off needing a magnifying glass to read as well as my glasses but with the points I've got & those extra two it still would not of given me enough for enhanced rate. I did have a lot of trouble taking 7 off 100 then that number so many times but he did ask first what grade's in school I got & said only one maths lower than GCSE level so he must of just thought me thick!. The fact I don't go to a CFS clinic was also noted in the decision, my nearest one is in Peterbourgh I can't even go to my nearest hospital which is Addenbrookes which I told him due to pain & exhaustion, but just so anyone else who's going through this process if you have a letter from a cfs clinic this is taken into account & looks like awarded points on the info in it.

So I don't think there is any point in me appealing the decision.

The good news is the decission maker said I can't move more than 50 meters which is what I said & this would give me ESA support group. I'm now hoping even though they said in Jan that they will send someone to do a ESA home assessment & have heard nothing back since then they will rule my ESA as support group on the grounds of can't move more than 50 meters? Has anyone had that before? is this possible?

PHEW!

Things are still up in the air regarding what money I've got coming in because I don't know what ESA are going to do with me yet, so I don't have the settled feeling I thought I would have with this outcome. So I guess instead of being  undecided undecided undecided I'm now  undecided   undecided

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »

Hi Rainbow,
Glad to hear that you have your result, and although not quite as much as before, it could have been worse. In fact I have heard of so many people losing their awards entirely I was concerned for you. Good to get it for 4 years also.

One of the problems re the mobility component is how tight the criteria are now, so it sounds as if your mobility award was fair based on those criteria. If you don't think it is though, you could argue it in a reconsideration letter, but you do run the risk that they might look at the whole award and go down rather than up.

As for the Daily Living award, well it's so good that they upped that as you were on low before.

Yes, that's good to have that PIP mobility award to support your ESA application. I think if it were me, I would now write to the ESA people and point that out to them, as I am not sure how much the 2 sides always speak to each other or notice things. You would think they would, but I don't know especially as it's 2 different organisations doing the assessments.

If you point it out to them in a letter and tell them that it supports your case for being put into the Support Group, then they MIGHT pass your ESA without having to go for an assessment. My son hasn't actually had a face to face assessment EVER for DLA or PIP (just done on paperwork), and his last face to face re ESA actually was for Incapacity Benefit about 10 years ago, so it can happen, as long as they feel they have all the evidence they need.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »

Thank You Aggy,

The more I think about it the more I am sure it's a fair outcome. I have asked for Simon's report just more for my own curiosity of what he made of me! but it is good news that I still can converse with people I don't know because I don't see people & that I didn't show as having a mental imparment! which is all good news no one wants that do they!. The assessment showed that I have a slight weakness in my limbs & that both legs are swollen, & that my grip in both hands was normal. The other part of the mobility section planning & going on a journey well I can plan it, I'm not sure on being able to go on the journey myself because I don't do it & you can surprise yourself sometimes on what you can do if you had to. So I am happy with this outcome all things concidered.

I think that sounds like a good idea about sending in a copy of my PIP award to the ESA & relate it to the mobility descriptor especially. I will think on that a bit run it past Mum & Dad too.

I've read so many horror stories too Aggy & I have been beyond worried about this & it brought out a horrible stress in me I thought I had gotten past it.

I didn't say before but at the time Simon was here, he genuinely seemed like a nice person caring & someone you could instantly take to. But because of the horror stories I didn't know if it was an act as such, or true & it seems it was true. I really wish there was a way to say thank you to him because I could of gotten one of the horrible ones.
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2017, 06:45:58 PM »

I am so glad that you got one of the decent ones too, Rainbow. I think it may help a bit that you had a home visit, as you don't get one of those easily these days.

I totally understand about the stress. I only ever did ESA and it gave me sleepless nights. I think this gives you a stronger case for ESA Support Group, so allow yourself to take a few deep breaths.

I thought they sent the report with the decision. Maybe I misunderstood, only I do have a copy of my son's report, but actually that was after the Reconsideration, so maybe not.

I am off to hospital tomorrow to have my cataract fixed. Last Monday I went in to have it done, hung around for 3+ hours, had several lots of drops in and got sent home as they couldn't fit me in. 2 hour round trip, so I think it's my turn for better luck tomorrow.  fingerscrossed

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »

Thank You Aggy,

Yes I think the home assessment helped a lot. You get how the decision maker made his decision on the report from Simon & from the booklet I filled out. But Simon's report you don't get, so that's what I have asked for, a copy of the report Simon was paid for by Atos for the DWP. So Simon's home health assessment of me. They said it will probably be done tomorrow & will be posted out second class so will take a few days to get here. I have to try & understand the days they are going to pay me what now lol. I'm thankful I use Lloyd's phone bank express so will call up tomorrow because I'm actually due my DLA tomorrow & then call again to see what's going in as it looks like I won't get a payment after tomorrow (if i goes in) for a while & less money than a full 4 weeks.

Mum had her catarct done a few years ago now but I can totally understand how horrible it must of been to be sent away without having it done especailly as your eye would of been fully dilated & look like a football! Horrrible

Tomorrow Aggy I will repay your kindness to me by virtually holding your hand the whole way through from whe nyou leave your home to when you get back. You are not alone  hug

Wits_End
Care Giver

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2017, 12:04:39 PM »

I am so glad that you got one of the decent ones too, Rainbow. I think it may help a bit that you had a home visit, as you don't get one of those easily these days.

Oh, is that so?  I wondered why my caree didn't get one last time - having always had them before - when I had her down as virtually housebound and unable to walk less than 20 metres.  Not only that, but they didn't even send us to the nearest assessment centre because - guess what - it didn't have any wheelchair access!  So, a nice long cab journey, but I suppose the upside was that she was so exhausted by the time she got there that they could see how bad she was.  I'd still rather not have had to put her through it, though.
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:31 PM »

I am sorry to hear that Wits End. I do know that Rainbow had a right palava getting her home visit. I think the ONLY way you can do it is to get your GP to support your case by emailing or faxing them with a request, and even then (unbelievably) they assess the GP's letter and don't always agree to it! What a hideous system.

Did your caree get awarded PIP in the end after getting to the assessment?

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2017, 07:33:09 PM »

I got my copy of the PIP medical assessment that I had done.

There is a page missing that they can write on & we can't see what it say's don't know why though!. He was fair he went on what I said & reported what I said.

It's actually a really good thing to do because I've learnt a lot! including the outcome of the physical tests (don't worry not that physical!)

The biggest thing I've learnt is that give as much info as you can, because reading back on some questions/points I didn't give enough info which is my own fault not his because he did give me time to answer after he fired lots of questions at once then he stopped. I did as best as I could at the time & he did as best as he could with what I gave him. I hope that makes sense!.

When this report came back I went through some of it with Mum & asked if he did ask me what he said he did & he did! it was just me that forgot!. We were talking & I said I hope he saw that I was more tired at the end & Mum said he did because you could see you had had enough.

But where I thought he saw what I had been saying for 60 mins by then was true when he came to the physical tests & Mum said straight away that he did & that's what got me the money & I do have to agree. To me he believed what I was saying more towards the end of the 60 mins because he could see I'd had enough which backed up what I was saying (really hope this is making sense).

All my limbs showed slightly reduced power. My hands have a slight tremor which they do, this was actually mentioned as obsavations not on the physical bit. Power on left & right fist grip reduced, legs swollen left one worse, finger & thumb pinch grip test both hands normal.

Now although they ask you all the questions first it's the physical test at the end that backs this up because for instance I was fired loads of questions at me quickly about washing every possible combination of how I wash! in his report he says what I told him the problems are then when choosing which decepter he thinks I apply to he put that I have slight weakness in legs, normal hip movement & swelling in both legs I'm on a low dose pain releife history of CFS I would need to use aids. That gave me 2 points & is exactly the option I put on the form I filled out.

I can totally understand why this test is so much harder to get if you are just going on Mental health illnesses. because they moniter you for the time you are there & that is just a very small snap outcome of how you are in that time & not how you are on any other days at any other time. Years ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression & anxiety, I had CBT & low dose amitryptalien I do get down & I do go off on one when stressed as you can see by this whole thread! lol. So I put down that I get depressed & that I was diagnosed with clinical depression & anxiety & around how long ago it was. He was evaluating me the whole time he was here & I just behaved how I normally do  & I'm pleased to say I passed the mental health test I come across as "normal" well for that moment in time anyway! lol. But I knew I was no where near how ill I was in the past & I think he summed it up nicely when he said I have low mood most days due to pain & exhaustion. So I am actually very proud of my self right now I worked hard on the CBT that I had & the ami now keeps me "normal". so although this gave me less points I would rather that than being mentally Ill. Some people would see this as a negative but I see it as a huge posative.

At points in the working out of which decepters I was entilted to in his oppinion he did say that I had no CFS clinic reports or Mental health ones so this is a huge part of what helps get you your points. So gather & include as much medical evidence you can to send in.

He put that he thinks I should be reviewed in 3 years, her conditions may change over time a review is suggested in the medium term. Is it likely that the functional restriction identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review he put Yes.

I really really wish I could thank him because although he was annoying at times with the quick fire questions it was very tiring he did his job well.

I have still not heard anything from ESA, last contact was in Jan when they said I could have a home assessment. I've been having a look at what standard living & mobility PIp can get you & it seems I am now able to get Enhanced Disabillity premium top up for ESA which is 15.90 a week. My PIP starts 7th of June so I'm now in a situation of do I contact them & ask for the 15.90 to be added because I'm now getting PIP or do I just leave them alone, obviously I would wait until 7th of June when PIP starts. Also do I photo copy my PIP award as evidence?. I did find out though that PIP can send any trained for PIP assessment health worker, nurse, dr, paramedic, & so on but for certain medical conditions for ESA it has to be a DR & one of my illnesses IIH is listed so I should get a DR no idea if that's a good thing or not though!.

Sorry this was so long but I wanted to give something back as I've taken so much from this forun & if anything I've written helps someone else I will be happy.
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2017, 07:50:40 PM »

Bit the bullet today & phoned the job centre to find out what's happening to my ESA.

She looked on screen & said that it's open & that the last contact I had with someone was in Jan when they said I could have a home assessment. I said yes she said that's all she knows & gave me a phone number to contact the people who are aranging the home assessment.

Which I'm not going to call why should I chase them.

I did say that I've been awarded PIP standard for both from a home medical assessment on April 27th by a paramedic, & would this go as evidence for ESA & save them from coming. She said no because they ask different questions. So I said you don't think then getting PIP would be evidence for the ESA claim. She said she didn't think so but I could ask them.

So I'm still no further forwards  undecided

Has anyone else ever had a benefit claim take this long?

satmanbasil

Official CSF/ME Sufferer

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »

Hi Rainbow

Good to hear your pip result which maybe was below expectation is far better than having to request a reconsideration or being awarded zero points,
you are right in saying the more info you throw at them (DWP) the less they have to diss your case. You mentioned about your on going ESA claim and
was checking to see if your pip award would be taken into consideration, I would say yes it will as they have access to your claim file so details will show
the officer dealing with your claim your pip award, backing up your ESA claim so fingers crossed should help as long as you don't contradict anything
mentioned in your pip's to the ESA assessor .
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2017, 07:24:23 AM »

Thank You,

I was hoping that because of my PIP assessment mobility which gave me 8 points I can not move more than 50 meters which is the same question on the ESA forms which entitles you to ESA support group according to many ESA tests online would get me out of having another assessment.

It seems pointless & a waste of money for another person to come out & assess me when the answer is in front of them.

Think I will just have to resign myself to having another assessment & keep everything crossed

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »

Life's funny sometimes.

A district nurse came round to give me my B12 injection some you get are more bothered than others with the paper work. Because she had not seen me before she went through all the questions they have some very similar to PIp funnily enough.

Where what illnesses you have was just CFS so she said straight away & I guess anxiety goes with that. So I just said yes & depression. She also added IIH & when she had gone I also added UC IBS & Asthma.

Now I was just seen to be completely find mentally yet me having CFS means I'm anxious!?.

Did I look or act anxious? I don't think I did.

Oh well I guess that's covered all the bases that it's on there. Perhaps I should of said no.
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2017, 11:22:21 AM »

Big shock this morning.

Had a letter from a lady who is in charge of the District nurses in my area. The day the district nurse came to see me a car was auctioned with confidential medical information in it & some of it was mine! My medical confidentiality was breached!.

Now why would a district nurses car that she was using that day to do her job with the people's notes in the car that she was seeing that day be auctioned?.

Either the auctioneers who sold the car or whoever brought the car that day found the papers & posted them back to the NHS.

What did the paperwork say? what has someone else seen about me?.

There is no way in the world that another district nurse is setting foot in my home ever again. There is only one chance when it's such private info as this & they just blew it.

So I'm going to see if my GP is in this Tuesday to let her know what's happened & to stop any more coming to my home & I will ask if any of the nurses that work for this GP practice can come & give me my B12 injection 4 times a year instead.

Totally shocked your not even safe in your own home
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2017, 11:28:34 AM »

I can see why you'd be seriously upset, Sunny, but assuming the car was put into auction by SS, and the auctioneers found the file and returned, they'd be very unlikely to have read the file in detail - why would they? I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Whatever, doing B12 injections yourself is very easy, so there's a potential option there.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2017, 11:53:39 AM »

Thanks Roger,

Hadn't thought about doing them myself will see what the GP say's if she will let one of their nurses do it if not will ask if I can.

You never know Roger I've come across some pretty weird people, my name address expecting someone to come 12 weeks time who knows!
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2017, 12:02:58 PM »

I know what you're saying, Sunny, but in my experience, 99% of people AREN'T weird, so yes, there's a possibility of someone weird reading your file, but it's a 1% risk, and I see no point in worrying about 1% risks unless you want to spend your whole life worrying.

But if you're still worried, why not find out who put the car into auction, and who returned the file - auctioneer or new owner - so you have more info. But I'd be thinking that if someone 'weird' found the file and had bad intentions, would they take the trouble to return it? I think that's the action of a good citizen trying to be helpful.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »

You defo have been around more non weird people than me I swaer I need to write a book I really do!. That's an idea tell the job centre to whistle & hope people buy the book!  clap

Yes I know who ended up with the paperwork sent it back to the NHS so they probably wouldn't turn up in around 12 weeks but who else has seen them?.

The only thing I can come up with is the car was repossessed?!

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2017, 01:32:41 PM »

I hope you haven't got a 'weird person' magnet, Sunny - if you have, get rid of it  smile

Blimey, it took twelve weeks? In that case, I agree you can have no idea where it's been. But please keep in mind the 'God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.' thing. Worrying about what you cannot change hurts nobody but yourself, and that 'hurt' can be very serious.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2017, 03:56:40 PM »

No I mean in 12 weeks when the next jabs due anyone could turn up

But that does not matter

Because they are not going to have any paperwork of mine to be left anywhere in future. I agree life's too short, pains too bad & I would rather let my spirit soar so this means they can't do it again if I get rid of them

Simples  Smiley

Hope GP will send a nurse from their practice 4 times a year
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »

I'm in a befuddled state - my age, I think  sad

But I like the soaring spirits approach, soaring spirits are good  thumbsup

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print