June 26, 2017, 12:16:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's The Criteria For Getting Income Support Rather Than ESA Work Group?  (Read 4993 times)
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »

Both ESA & PIP are with Atos for me.

No I'm not going to do that, I will see what happens when they come & the outcome from it & then either appeal or say thanks.

If they play dirty with me I will play dirty with them, at the mo they don't pay any of my rent or council tax but if they say no or give me less than I should get or put me in the work related group I can soon make it so they do pay most of my rent & council tax  Smiley

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2017, 04:22:22 PM »

Thant's nice Atos has sent another man out to watch my home.

I really wish I could go running up the path & do a back flip but unfortunately I can't  hee20hee20hee

This one is nicknamed the man in black. He is dressed head to toe in black every day. He is here walking up & down the walkway that is next to the front of my home, they can't see round the back of my home because there is a six foot fence which has been worth it's weight in gold one of the best things I've ever done is get someone to put that fence up.

So this one is around at 8am, then around 1pm then again around 5pm. he starts a ciggy walks up & down sometimes has ciggy in mouth while texting on mobile, he appeared a few days after I was crying on the phone to them.

trouble is while they are still sending people to watch me I'm not getting the home medical done & a decision made so I really could be here still at the end of the year.

bang head
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »

Hello Rainbow. Sorry not to have replied before - not been too well recently. I remember your 'visitor' last time. Is the man in black still with you? Are you able to take a photo of him? Just thinking that if he is persistent it would be good to report him to the police for hanging around your property and watching you.

Assuming he is from the DWP, he is checking out your story to see if you really are housebound (I would think that it's more likely the DWP who do this kind of thing than ATOS but I don't know for sure). It does seem an awful lot of effort to put in though if so, and must be costing them a fortune. It was a jolly good thing that you got that big fence put up though. Well done you!

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2017, 09:14:09 PM »

Thanks Aggy,

I'm sorry to hear you have not been so good sending hugs & love your way  Kiss

Funny thing is in my PIP form I took the time to explain what we have to do to get me to & from the car because my home is not on the road I have to drive mobility scooter from my home to the car then relative drive the scooter back to mine & come back to the car & then go & doing all this in reverse again when coming home.

He was around for a week last day was Mothers day last Sunday. I did not see him in the morning so thought to myself he must of had a lie in!. I did not see him or anyone else in the car park for our homes either going or coming back but then he turned up at 5pm & was texting into his phone.

Weather he did see us go out & come back like this or it was just coincidence that Sunday was his last day of watching me I don't know. But I do know 100% he was from somewhere to do with my PIP claim because the other ones were to do with the ESA claim & nothing has ever happened like this before renewing my claims.

I have no idea what has caused this to happen, I don't know if someone is making stuff up about me? am I being reported?. Is it because I'm 46 & they don't think I would be as housebound as I am? Just unlucky? Was it the wording on the forms & on the phone that I said I'm mostly housebound? I really wish I knew why because I think that would then make me feel less unsettled & I'm always now thinking are they out there.

I did say if it happens again I would take a picture but you know what I never thought about it at the time he was there! silly CFS brain. I might put my camera near the kitchen window in case someone else or he turns up again.

It really is frightening annoying upsetting & at times makes me angry, I just don't know when they will stop.

It's 8 months now since the ESA letter came for me to re new it 8 months & 4 months for PIP.

Just what is it about me? why I just don't understand.

satmanbasil

Official CSF/ME Sufferer

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2017, 11:19:10 PM »

Hi

Just been reading about your watcher don't quote me on this but I was always of the opinion the DWP have to employ two people to watch a claimant
as if it went to court one would have to corroborate observation  otherwise they could sit in an office making up reports out of thin air.

You could also try reporting them to the police as loitering and acting suspicious and see what happens when the police turn up or don't if they
are aware of the DWP working on a case.  ok it will show your aware of there presence and may make them go under cover.

Having said all this the climate of scroungers, benefit cheats etc,  claimants are accused of is still alive and puts us on the guard thinking we are being watched
by the dwp
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2017, 08:39:26 PM »

Thanks satmanbasil

They could have someone else watching me because one person would need to be out the front along the walkway that runs near my home, but out the back I have a six foot fence so unless they get a ladder they can't see me. My home is also not on the road I'm in a corner not seen by the road so they would have to have someone in the car park to see if I leave my home by the back way

So yes there could of been two of them at the same time I would only be able to see the one out the front.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Just had a phone call saying he was from the government & he would like to talk to me about my PIP claim. I said yes he said he needs to see if I'm who I say I am & did the usual security questions.

He said he has a late cancellation for 27th of April between 10-12. I said yes that's OK.

He said the person coming is called Simon & he will have ID on him. And he will need to see two different items of identification like bills & bank account.

So there we have it 4 months after starting the PIP claim I'm getting my home assessment.

Still no news from ESA which has been 8 months now.

Not sure how I feel to be honest, I guess I will at least have some certainty from at least one of the two benefits I'm getting either way money or no money.
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2017, 03:03:58 PM »

I love the way you have to show them 2 pieces of ID when Simon is coming into your home, and Simon only has to show you his one piece of ID  Wink

Anyway, I hope it goes well for you and that he does a fair report. You have had a long wait for this.

Probably best to let sleeping dogs like as far as the ESA is concerned. No doubt it will come to the top of someone's pile eventually.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2017, 08:45:01 AM »

Thanks Aggy for all your support through out both these claims, it's much appreciated.

I've a friend who said that once a medical assessment has been done then ESA & PIP share info with each other & that ESA may go by PIP's medical meaning I will only have one.

I don't know if this is true or not in some ways that's good because I only need to go through it once, but if Simon's report isn't right then I could be worse off with both of them.

Ho Hum!
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2017, 05:05:21 PM »

Oh God,

Anyone got any strong antidepressants?

I haven't felt this low for a while can't shake it now because where I had to go in my mind  sad

Appointment was between 10-12. He arrived at 10.20.

He was in his late 20's I think & he is a paramedic.

First thought was oh shit they have sent me a paramedic!!!.

I suppose it's extra money don't know if Atos pays well or not  undecided

First thing he asked for was my medication I take, now this was not on the list of things he would ask for, & he wanted the appointment letter telling me he was coming which was on the list & I gave it to him.

I think the idea was to ask for something that's not on the list to see how you deal with it, it turns out it was a good thing to do because I asked does he want to see all my actual meds because there are a lot or a repeat prescription list, he said the list so I asked Mum to get it for me. When she had them she didn't have her glasses with her so she said can I see what they are & of course I couldn't but I have my magnifying glass next to me so I used that & I side glanced at him & he looked surprised & concerned.

Him being a paramedic, he has a strong poker face because lets face it they need to, to do that job but it made it very difficult to work out what he was thinking, except for three slips that was the first one, because he may of been watching me but i was also watching him.

Then he started to ask me quick fire questions sometimes not letting me finish my answer before asking the next one, I'm guessing this is done to confuse you & not give full answers to the questions. It was extremely tireing & annoying. At one point I said to him is there much more because I'm not being rude but your typing is doing my head in because I'm exhausted! He said not much more but I can do a lot of the typing in the car in the car park!. Oh god is that good or bad news?.

He tried the TV trick do you watch it I said it's usually on for company but I cant say I actually watch it. Do you listen to music I said no because music exhausts me which it does. He said do you read I said yes he said with the magnifying glass I said yes, he said how long do you read for, I said half an hour before I'm fed up with it because I can't see properly.

Do I go Out?

No

When was the last time you went out?

Easter to Mum & Dad's how did you get there?

So went all through the rigmarol of mobility scooter/car

when you get to your Mum & Dad's do you walk to the door, yes the garage is next to the front door, so you walk to the door yes about 6 steps!!!!

Do you see anyone else apart from your Mum & Dad

No

Neighbours

I said yes they are next door (what am I supposed to be doing with the neighbours?). do you see them I said no there just next door.

do you cope with understanding what people are saying?

It depends on how exhausted I am

When was the last time you went to a shop?

over a year ago

How do you get to appointments

I don't go to appointments

Why

because i'm too exhausted & in pain for days afterwards

Do you go to any hospital appointments

No I should go to asthma clinic, neuro surgery, eye neuro gastro but can't get to any of them

When was the last time you went to one

over a year ago to the neuro eye man

how did you get there

I flew on a space ship that dropped from the sky! man I was really pissed off by now I guess you can see how bloody annaoying & exhausting thsi interigation was which lasted 70 mins by the way

so explained the mobility scooter Mum Dad car that I needed to do it.

do you see your GP

no I call them & ask to speak to them

you don't get that in London (he must be from london then)

I said you ring at 8am, ask for a call back after surgery which they do if they need to see me they come round if I need to take anything they send it to the chemist which mum picks up I never get any of my meds myself mum gets them for me

Can you read street signs I said it depends how far away they are I don't go out much at all but if I did I would need to drive teh scooter near the sign to see it

Are you registered partially sighted

no I don't know what qualifys you are partually sighted I should look into that (Anyone know?)

What do you do in the day

Nothing much

You said you read what else do you go on line I said I have to do my food shopping online because i can't get to teh shops.

(he was really trying to find something I do that ties me to a chair for x amount of time)

As you can see he jumped from subject to subject to confuse me/ trip me up.

Do you ahve friends I said no & I don't have any real life friends I said I have one online friend who I email once every two or three weeks.

Could you get to a destination could you plan a trip, I said I can't go

he said but could you plan a trip would you use google maps

I said I don't know if I would think of that I don't bother with anything like that because I can go anywhere anyway which I can't so what's the point!

So how would you get there I would ask Mum & Dad & would not be able to get there anyway, but they woudl help me I guess.

Do you go out in the garden?

not much

do you sit in the garden

I sometimes sit in my wheel chair out there

how long for

20 mins or so

I can't remember all the questions because they were so many of them & so fast.

Oh he asked me to take 7 from a number three times with three different numbers I felt such a pillock because I couldn't & needed to use my fingers!. asked me if i would know if I had been given the right change I said I don't shop & if Mum got something for me I forget online she takes the money from my purse.

Oh & symptoms of the main illnesses uc ibs cfs IIH though I don't think he let me finish that one I think he cut me off

medication side effects he said I guess you wouldn't know really so I said no because of all the different symptoms of the actual illnesses

Oh Mum said that if I do push myself too far that I am near collapse go completely white & can't even speak to her & can't breathe which is very true I started to cry then. He said blood pressure do you take anything for that? I said no when ever anyone checks it they say it's always normal.

On every one of teh above illnesses he asked how long have i had it I said I don't know without gettig paperwork out I can't remember things liek that.

the depression what are you taking for that amitriptalien that's for pain I said yes & depression & anxity he said the dose I'm on isn't a theraputic amount, but then he said I guess it can help. How often does it affect you I said every day because of teh pain I'm in & I can't do anything I'm 46 I don't want to live like this I want to be able to get out of the house & be normal, do you ever feel like you want to harm yourself before amitriptaline yes now no. he said they don't usually prescribe amitriptalien because it's dagerous in high doese? (I'm on a low does according to him?!)

At the end he said I need to see you walk ( further back he asked me how far I can walk I said 35-40 meters) walked from one side of teh lounge to teh other.

Asked me to put my arms up as far as I can, behind my head as far as I can, arms out infront of me which is where his mask slipped again. My arms shake always when I hold them out in front of me I don't know why so as he was asking me to do things like palms up, backs or hands up grip his fingers put my thumb & next finger together to make an O, he said your arms are shaking, I said yes i don't knwo why if it's one of my illnesses or the meds, yes they really shake then he looked concerned

then quickly came the next time because he put his hand on my left leg, I said don't touch my legs because of teh phlibitus, he said sorry & held my foot instead. Then he put his hand at the back of my leg which I said hurt he said it's very swollen I said yes he wanted me to push one way or the other he said again it's very swollen I said yes & rolled up my trouser leg & pulled my sock down so he could see how much then he was concerned again.

So does any of that lot get me any money for PIP? you tell me because as far as i can work out it's a whole lot of muddled questions for 70 mins.

I feel like I've been run over by a truck, I feel very low because I usually do a good job of not thinking about all that & he made me go there.

any one know any good jokes?

Arh nuts here come the tears again

sorry no spell checking today hope you can under stand it & I've written this to help anyone who is going to have a home medical assessment for PIP by Atos.

Now it's another 6-8 weeks wait to find out if I'm getting any money or not

One down still ESA is on the missing in action list I'm still waiting for a home assessment date for that one, so one down one to go

Oh happy days!

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »

Oh I think you need a gentle hug  hug after all of that. Yes, it is very stressful going through anything of this sort. As you say, you don't really want to unpack it at all but you have to. I have forgotten what you get at present with DLA? I seem to remember that you get high rate mobility and maybe low rate care, but perhaps I have just made that up?

It's sad to see paramedics doing this job instead of what they were trained for. I guess he has to say the questions fast to get through them all, but yes, not listening to the end of the answers while you probably are struggling to speak at all, is horrible.

Some info about sight loss here and registration. http://www.rnib.org.uk/eye-health-registering-your-sight-loss/criteria-certification   It's a bit complicated though and you need to have a sight test to check it. Did you know that there are some opticians that come to the house to test sight? I know this because my mum had one.....sorry have forgotten the reasons for your sight loss.

Aggie x

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »

Thanks as always Aggy,

You are right I'm on low care high mobility on DLA.

I will have a look through the link you gave me, thanks for that. Funny enough I didn't konow people come to your house to test your eyes until recently.

I have a scarred cornea on my right eye due to something on my eye no one knows what it is & because my optic nerves are swollen due to the high intercranial pressure from the illness IIH this pushes my eye forwards so when I blink my eye lid drags on this thing o my eye & when I blink there is a patch on my cornea that does not get wet like eveyones eye's do when you blink so this has left a scar on my right cornea & this causes me pain & blurred vision.

I can't have an eye test to choose new glasses because this blurred vision varies a lot all the time so any prescription would only be a prescription for that moment in time, I've not had new glasses for 10 years, though I have had eye tests at the hospital which I can only see the top three letters on the eye test chart, but I could ask someone to come & test my sight to gain the name of partially sighted if it helps in future benefits claims.

I was not ready for the crying & depression that follows these assessments I was focussed on what happens at them, bit of a shock to be honest
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...making good progress

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2017, 06:11:13 PM »

Sunny, that sounds dreadful. I know nothing about the benefits system so can't offer constructive advice, so I hope this might help, if only a bit -  hug

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2017, 06:32:25 PM »

Thank You Roger,

That helps a heck of a lot so thank you  smile
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »

I really do sympathise with you guys who have to deal with this dreadful system on top of all the ill health symptoms, so here's another  hug

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2017, 07:50:06 PM »

Thank You Roger,

I wish that was the end of it, but it's not because If they don't give me anything then you have to start an appeal. I've no idea what that involves & am not going there until that happens.

Then that's just for PIP, I've still got another one to go through the ESA home medical. My ESA booklet to fill in came last August so it's been 8 months up in the air for this one.

But hugs are just what I need right now  smile

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2017, 05:37:18 AM »

Well let's hope you get the result you need, and I've got as many  hug's as you want!

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2017, 07:32:07 AM »

I will take as many as you can give out

Major payback, Yesterday I felt like I was run over by a truck, now you would of thought that truck would park somewhere over night, nope it's been running over me all through the night.

That's exactly how I feel.

My voice is very deep, it hurts my chest to breathe & to actually get sound out to talk I'm pushing deep.

All through having 70 mins in Simon's company!.

At least the suns shining today  smile
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2017, 07:41:26 AM »

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug Wink

You've been through a VERY stressful experience, and that's what trucks thrive on. My advice, for what it's worth, is take a 'sod you, you  censored' attitude, put it behind you and relax as best you can until you get the result. If you don't do that, they've won, and we can't have that, can we? There's no point in worrying about what the result will be, because that achieves nothing other than enhancing your stress levels, and we don't want that, do we?

I'm not clued up on the benefits system, but from what I've seen on this forum, it seems that those who take a determined and positive approach at each stage, are the ones who win.

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2017, 10:12:27 AM »

Thank You,

No they can't win it's not allowed it's against all the rules  wiggle finger

I think you are right, I had the mental what you call it....state of mind before he came as bring it on!.

I'm going to work on getting that back today.

Who knows he might of had his poker face on minus the slips that he was nuetral/ care free but may of understood seen that I was telling the truth. I won't know until the letter arrives & I'm not  feeling like this for the next 6-8 weeks two days is doing my head in now!. No way no how.

One thing he did say yesterday which has me thinking about blood pressure when Mum explained how I get when I push myself too far go white can't get my breath & can't speak to anyone feels like your going to pass out he straight away said blood pressure & looked if I'm on any beta blockers which I'm not. When ever I've had it taken It's always been ok now wondering if getting a home one is a good idea.

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »

That's my gal  thumbsup smile

Yes, it's a good idea to own a blood pressure monitor (NOT a wrist one), especially as we get older, as long as you don't use it obsessively. When you're in a stress situation, your blood pressure will rise regardless of how healthy you are - it's your body preparing you for fight or flight. So yes, if you'd taken it yesterday, it'd probably have been high, even VERY high. But that doesn't indicate that you need meds.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2017, 12:03:59 PM »

Thank You  smile

Yes I understand about stress levels making it go up & not over doing ii taking it. Would love to know what it is on worse days I.E when the trucks have got loose rather than think I'm going to do it xyz time   smile

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2017, 01:06:52 PM »

Through the roof, probably. But that's normal. So why do it and frighten yourself?

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2017, 05:11:54 PM »

Well I've got in my head since seeing what Simon said (that's a game  hee20hee20hee) If I do have high blood pressure if I was prescribed beta blockers when I try & do things perhaps I would not get to the point of near fainting & be able to breathe.

I would also like to see what he wrote in his report whatever the outcome, I guess I'm curious  smile

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »

Check it then Sunny, but when you're relaxed!!

Of course you are, who wouldn't be? It's one thing to be curious (good) but another to be stressed about what he might have said (bad)  hug

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome