November 16, 2018, 06:00:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's The Criteria For Getting Income Support Rather Than ESA Work Group?  (Read 18929 times)
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »

It's not you it's me.

I bet you didn't think anyone was going to say that to you today  hee20hee20hee

Thank You,

I may be rooted to the chair but my spirit soars & is free  Smiley
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2017, 05:26:56 PM »

That can't be right, Sunny, it's ALWAYS me  Smiley

Keep soaring, Girl, it's the only way  Smiley

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2017, 01:01:42 PM »

Well I Bit The Bullet again & called the people who I heard last from ESA in Jan saying I could have a home assessment.

She said yes we are just waiting for someone to become available to do the assessment. I said I had a PIP assessment & they gave me standard care & mobility I know not all the questions are the same but one is I got I can not move more than 50 meters which I know is the same question on ESA, would that mean that I don't have to have the assessment now?

No because the questions are very different you still need the assessment. I said this has been going on for a long time now since August last year. She said I know we just don't have anyone in your area to do it, we are waiting for someone to become free to do it. You are one of the more urgent people because of the time you have been waiting for.

So there we have it I will have to go through the ESA home medical assessment & when is anyone's guess I could still be like this, this time next year!

It's now 10 months & counting.
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2017, 09:39:31 PM »

It's now 15 months & counting & no word from them.

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2017, 08:27:41 AM »

Hi Rainbow. I am sorry to hear that you still have this hanging over you. Seems incredible really, but I guess they have so many other assessments to get on with, it doesn't matter so much to them.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2017, 08:31:51 AM »

I don't know if this is true as I read it online but seemed official, there are certain illnesses only a GP can be sent to do a ESA assessment & I've got one of them. So I'm assuming by now that they don't have a GP in my area who works for them.

Universal credit has been rolled out not far from me & I hear in the news that it's being rolled out in lots more places now. I know ESA is part of UC but I will have to look UC up online because I don't know what the rates are for someone in the support group Contribution based ESA, I keep hearing that people are getting less but don't know how much less. I only get ESA support group at the mo & PIP standard for both
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2017, 10:41:41 AM »

There is another issue that might turn out to be of help to you Rainbow re the ESA (not PIP). The Govt announced about a year ago that there would be some people with chronic illnesses which they knew would not get better, who were in the Support Group, who they would no longer be reassessing. It's all been a bit of a mystery who exactly would be covered by this but I believe this kicked in, in Sept this year. I think that they will do it on a case by case basis, so it's possible that you might get covered by this. I have been reading up about it to see if my son might also get covered by it. Fingers crossed for both of you.

I have also been reading up about Universal Credit for my son, as it's something I knew nothing about, and still find it rather mind boggling. From what I understand of what I have read and asked about on other forums, the changeover to UC will happen earlier for people who are not already on benefits such as contributions related ESA Support Group. I have read so much and tried to bookmark things but it would take me a while to find that, so I am telling you this from memory. I got the impression that the new claimants and JSA claimants would be done first, and then about 2 years later they would begin to transfer everyone else onto UC - so the date might not be 2 years, but that is when that would be the starting date.

In addition, if you are then transferred then you should be able to get pretty much the same money from what I understand, as any top ups like Severe Disability Premium (and other premiums) would be transferred in financial terms, so you don't lose out, although SDP and other premiums won't actually exist under UC. However, from what I have seen, anyone new does not get those top ups, and also even worse, if you have a 'change of circumstances' (eg moving house to a new area) and therefore HAVE to claim UC, because you have no choice, then it sounds as if you then lose those premiums which sounds terribly unfair if this it true.

I apologise if any of this info is inaccurate, as I have tried hard to find this out for my son, and it's been difficult to read it up in any coherent fashion, but I hope what I have written is correct.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »

thanks a lot for the time & trouble you have taken in writing what you have.

I understand it & will keep everything for your Son & me crossed we are people they will not keep bothering anymore, though the paramedics Pip assessment said things could change for me & suggested a review in 3 years which actually means two years then they send the forms again. So if they use that in their working out criteria then I guess that would be a no! lol.

Mines IIH (Idiopathic Intercranial Hypertension)

xxx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome