August 20, 2017, 01:34:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weak legs - Never before experienced...  (Read 1133 times)
charmwah

« on: January 20, 2017, 10:22:18 AM »

Hi all

I came home from work yesterday and my partner said that her legs had nearly given out on her at work. She told me that her legs felt incredibly weak in both joint and muscle. She stayed in bed all yesterday evening and this morning was no better so went to see her GP. Her GP did nothing but prescribe more rest, which I’m sure is a good idea, but it did nothing to explain what was happening and why?

Does this ring any bells with anybody? My concern is that this may be linked to diet as my partner has now been on the ‘Stone Age Diet’ (as advised by Dr Myhill) for just over a week.
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 11:54:59 AM »

Hi Dave,

Have mailed you - it's a very common problem and I don't think it has anything to do with the diet. The GP was right - rest is what's required.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:50:41 PM »

I agree, weak legs is a classic ME/CFS symptom. I found it was more noticeable when I suddenly cut out sugar (and I do love chocolate) so I think there is a certain amount of body adjustment going on too.
lazylegs
Lifetime Member

Is a CFS/ME sufferer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 09:26:27 PM »

s_hi     I can only say that your GP was right. More rest needed.   This is one of the very strong signals that a person with ME has to recognise.  It is the bodies way of telling you you  need rest. That you need it NOW and not in five minutes or when it is convenient. It is NOW.    Your lady will need to learn the skill of pacing.  It is a skill that does not come naturally to everyone, but needs to become a way of life and be in the forefront of your daily being.     It might sound harsh advice, but believe me once you get the hang of it, pacing can and does improve your day.   051bye

Its not what you accomplish in life that matters, it`s what you overcome.x
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 06:38:35 AM »

Hi LL,

It's great to see you posting again - the forum need contributors like you!!!

charmwah

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 12:44:15 PM »

Thankyou all!

My partner is now somewhat better than she was, however she was laid up in bed for a week and even now has chanced going back to work today but was struggling after 4 hours. I have suggested (told!) her to go home, though I suspect she will try to do to much to it...

I think this 'episode' may have been in some part due to the fact that she had adopted the stone age diet wholeheartedly. In other words, one day she was eating her normal diet, the next she switched to stone age with no 'easing in' period. As a result, I think she experienced a touch of the 'no carb flu'. This scared her a great deal, and as a result she has now moved back to a small amount of carbs and this would appear to have resulted in the slight improvement. Though this could of course be just coincidence :/
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 02:27:53 PM »

Hi Dave,

I think the 'no carb flu' is probably the right explanation rather than coincidence. We spend years teaching our bodies, or rather the fungus in our bodies, to crave sugar, and they can respond very aggressively if we remove their food source cold turkey style! So cutting out gradually is not a bad approach.

charmwah

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »

Thanks Roger =D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome