June 26, 2017, 12:03:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: An Alarm That Goes Off Once A Week?  (Read 339 times)
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« on: January 25, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »

I'm in trouble with the council  sad

I've had a letter I never thought I would ever get. I've forgotten to pay my rent must be three times in the last year 2016. Unfortunately Boxing day fell on a Monday this year & I forgot to pay my rent, I have in the past seen my mistake & payed as soon as I realised. But I didn't see this one. The letter said I can see you are making regular payments but your account regualy gets behind.

Major exageration!

Though I understand once is not good enough let alone three times. She said I assume I don't need to send the collection team round. Oh yes send them round we can have tea & cakes  bang head stupid threat that one especially as I live in a sheltered bungalow, don't they understand ill people live in them?. This has only just started to be  a prooblem. I need to pay once a week every Monday. I have google calendar  set up so it sends me a email telling me my rent is due every Monday & this worked well but I must of deleted the emails by mistake because obviousy I would of paid.

the letter say's I can't get behind again so I've no idea what happens then send the boy's round? evict me? force me to pay by direct debit?

I can't set my mobile phone alarm because it just does daily.

I can pay every two weeks but that's no better than once a week, I can also pay by direct debit, It's been many years since I set one of those up & I don't want to to be honest I want to be in control of my money & pay myself online.

So can anyone think of anything I can do or buy that has an alarm that goes off every Monday?

I have not told anyone this because it would frighten my family to death just like it has me & they are already exhausted with what is going on with everyones health.

I can't even go there myself, I'm tyoing this like I'm talking about someone else because that's what it feels like & if I start relating it to myself I'm going to go way down a pit of nasty beating myself up so here I am.
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 11:30:58 AM »

I told Mum today, she didn't seem bad with the news but I will know more when I see her on Saturday if it's been on her mind

Why does this illness take take take everything away from you
Wits_End
Care Giver

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 12:10:29 AM »

Hi Rainbow,

Hopefully you've got this sorted already, but I've noticed that most email programs, Outlook, Gmail and Yahoo Mail included, have a calendar function, and those, once the original event is set up, can be set to repeat weekly.  Will that do, or is there a reason you can't use email for it?
KieraCole

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:42:03 PM »

If you want an alarm to go off once a week on a specific day (as opposed to every day like most alarms) get an Android device and set an alarm. By default it will go off once in the period 0-24 hours after you set it. However, if you check the box that says "repeat" you can set which day you want and it will play at that time on that day, every week :-)
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »

Thank You Both,

I've got google calander set up to tell me to pay my rent every Monday but somehow I must of been deleting the emails! silly CFS brain.

That's a good idea KieraCole, I will have a think on that one.

So far touch a very large piece of wood (my Head) I've not forgotten since this happened. Though I am always worried I will again so will look into an android device
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome