December 16, 2017, 07:21:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Severe limb tremor/spasms  (Read 1308 times)
Wits_End
Care Giver

« on: March 04, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »

I was wondering if anyone here gets severe spasming in their limbs with their CFS?  My caree has started getting it occasionally, and the shaking is so severe that I'd think it must be close to fitting (not that I'm very familiar with fits).  Seems to be particularly when trying to get the arm/leg to do anything, e.g. standing up, which requires quite a bit of effort/concentration.  I've mentioned it to the doctors, but they don't seem particularly concerned.
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »

It doesn't seem like CFS as I know it (I have had it 6 years now)

I have had an episode of something similar when my adrenalin was racing due to being fatigued and then watching a TV program that made my adrenalin rush even more. I start to flayle about with my arms and legs and couldn't speak. Had to have ambulance dash to hospital and they said it was a pseudo fit du to extreme adrenalin rush. Its only happened once and it freaked me out but I know what caused it so can hopefully avoid another episode.

My husband had CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) which is a neurological condition caused by the messages from the brain going wrong. One of the symptoms he has is myoclonic spasms which he gets in various places but the worst ones are the diaphragmatic ones which rock his whole body.

I'm not saying  that is what you're referring to. There are a lot of neurological conditions that have those type of symptoms.

Eliz R
Talen

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »

Hi,

Does she have de-conditioned muscles?  Any muscle will tremble when being used beyond normal functioning related to that individual.

Hope this helps,

Talen

Wits_End
Care Giver

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 08:24:17 PM »

Eliz R, thank you for your comment, although I suspect Talen has probably hit the nail on the head (thanks, Talen).  It's just really disconcerting seeing all these symptoms suddenly appearing seemingly from nowhere.
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 09:02:33 PM »

Just glad to try and help. Hope you figure it out

Eliz x
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome