September 19, 2018, 06:33:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Depression!  (Read 2047 times)
gforce7
« on: July 17, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »

The big D. Urgh  cry

I guess alot of sufferers on here experience this? Mine lifted for about 6 months, but is back again.
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:39:35 PM »

Funnily enough (sorry that was a bad choice of word) I don't  have that and haven't done for about 2 yrs.

I did have a year of it, when I began the CFS symptoms in earnest but I was also going through a lot of stress in my personal life. Still do from time to time - including having a major op recently but it hasn't come back so far ......

It's not surprising with all the horrible symptoms though to have depression as part of it. :grouphug

Hula_Hoops
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »

When going through something like CFS experiencing reactionary depression (not to be confused with clinical depression) is very common. Actually it would be very suprising for someone not to experience some degree of reactionary depression.
Sarkins
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 08:49:28 AM »

I can sympathise with you,  cry ( I wont say I know how you feel as how can anyone really know how someone else feels)

I suffer from varying degrees of depression which can change day by day, doc s answer is to put me on anti depressants and keep upping the dose but they do not have any effect on how I am feeling apparently this is quite normal for C.F.S as the feeling down is part of it and cannot just be swept away with tablets, or so my practise nurse said  :Smiley

I just try to ride it out and surround myself with things that make me happy on v bad days, I dont know if this will help

Take care of yourself
Sarkins
gforce7
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 02:26:38 PM »

It's the constant headaches that are making me depressed. Every day for 6 months! I thought they might go away, but after 6 months, I've just come to the end of my tether and lost all hope that they will.  I'm on an ssri, sertraline, but it only takes the edge off my depression. I've tried all sorts of painkillers for the headaches - none help!  cry
Special_K
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:44:07 AM »

It's the constant headaches that are making me depressed. Every day for 6 months! I thought they might go away, but after 6 months, I've just come to the end of my tether and lost all hope that they will.  I'm on an ssri, sertraline, but it only takes the edge off my depression. I've tried all sorts of painkillers for the headaches - none help!  cry

could it be the sertraline that is causing the headaches?

my other half is on an ssri, paroxetine. was very hard to get onto initially and liek you say, they only take the edge of, but he hasn suffered with headaches. obviousley im not doctor so cant advise, but it might be worth a look to see if headaches are a side effect of your meds.

k xx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome