December 12, 2017, 12:36:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Easily disgruntled neck  (Read 915 times)
L A

« on: July 21, 2017, 03:52:13 PM »

Just wondering if any fellow plague victims have a naughty neck? Mine seems to be extremely weak and tetchy  Huh? The slightest thing can make it feel pulled and painful.

Last night I used a new pillow; it's flatter than my previous trusty old lumpy one and today my neck is playing up again. But along with the pain, what I find weird and dislike even more is the accompanying spaced out feeling in my head and increased tinnitus. This has been a recurrent problem for years and I kind of forget how debilitating and upsetting it is until it happens yet again.

The discomfort is generally worse on the right side of my neck. This doesn't surprise me as I tend to get more discomfort and pain on the right side of my body in general most days. Do other people on here find that they generally get more symptoms on one side of their body than the other?

Does any/all of this sound bizarre? Give it me straight; I can take it.

Lesley 

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »

Not bizarre, Lesley, just horrible. We all get stiff necks from time to time, but certainly in my experience, not nearly as nasty as what you're experiencing. My first thought would be a good chiropractor. Have you tried one?

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
L A

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »

Thank you for replying, Roger.

No, I haven't seen a chiropractor but maybe I ought to hunt down an M.E-friendly one, if such a thing exists.

I did have a couple of sessions with an osteopath years ago. He scrunched, cracked and mangled my body; I saw stars but no benefits  Undecided  He, on the other hand, seemed to take great delight in it judging by his sadistic grin and the mad glint in his eye! 
I enjoyed the cranial manipulation bit - very relaxing but whether it was of any real therapeutic benefit on a physical level is debatable. You can no doubt detect the aura of cynicism that shadows me these days!

Btw, I'd like to hear about your DIY regime, especially the controversial bits  Smiley

Lesley

PS  Here's me on Old Faithful.
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »

Hi Lesley,

Your osteopath experience sounded like fun  smile - but chiropractors are different, they manipulate bones and tissue....at least if they're any good! If you can find one locally, how about phoning, describing your symptoms and asking for an honest opinion as to whether they believe they might be able to help?

Re the possible new board, if you're interested, can you add your name to the list? I'll be a lot of work, but I'll be happy to do it if there's enough interest

Added - don't worry Lesley, the lovely neptuno has just done it for you  smile
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:00:04 AM by roger » Logged

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 11:10:55 AM »

Hello Lesley
I have no experience personally of neck issues, or of chiropractors (other than one who behaved abominably to me as an employer, but not relevant here!) BUT I have been the person who solved my husband's painful neck issues a couple of years back.

He was looking for a better pillow so I researched and came up with the one which seemed to get the most thumbs up from people, and that was a water pillow. This has transformed his neck pain - doesn't get it any more! I also sourced for him a decent V neck pillow which he always puts behind him for support when watching TV.

Hope that might help maybe.

L A

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »

That's a good idea, Roger. I'll look in to it. My dad used to have to visit a chiropractor from time to time to have a slipped disc shoved unceremoniously back into place. He swore by him....probably at him too  lol

Forgot to add pic of me on Old Faithful earlier today so    bedtime2

And many thanks for the info about a water pillow, Neptuno! Never heard of them but I'll be researching asap. Are there any side effects - sea sickness or nightmares about drowning??   undecided

Lesley

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »

Good luck, Lesley - the sooner you get this sorted out the better  fingerscrossed as I'm sure you'll agree  smile

PS - I think it was Aggie who suggested the water pillow rather than nep, and it sounds like worth a try to me.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:41:58 PM by roger » Logged

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 04:15:39 PM »

bedtime2 I don't think any water based nightmares have been a side effect for my husband! I am sure he would have mentioned it Lesley. In the old days there was a fashion for water beds, but a water pillow seems a lot easier to cope with.

L A

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 07:54:58 PM »

That's a relief, Aggie.
Sorry I mixed you up with Nep - that's addled minds for you.  Embarrassed

Lesley
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 08:29:58 PM »

No problem. I have a lot of muddle going on my head most of the time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome