August 21, 2017, 08:07:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Esa renewal face to face assessment  (Read 195 times)
tinkertink2010

« on: August 04, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »

Hi everyone - please excuse the rambling that is about to commence. Im currently on ESA - suport group and have filled in the renewal form and been told to go to f2f assessment. I havent had to have one for a number of years. I currently suffer with CFS/fibromyalgia (GP diagnosed me but dont see anyone for it) Depression and anxiety, binge eating disorder (was under mental health team for a number of years but was discharged about a year ago), panic attacks, Borderline Personality disorder, Avoidant personality disorder, IBS which causes incontinence several times a week plus anaemia and under active thyroid. I rang up the Assessment service asking for a home assessment as I think it would be too distresing for me to go. They said to get GP to request one for me (GP has been struck off due to fidling prescriptions (I know!) so now I see a locum who I have only seen once and seemed to blame my weight for the pain I have been getting). GP's receptionist said no -they need a request directly off the assessment service. Rang assessment service said no that they cannot contact the GP it is up to me - anyways long story short have just had an appointment with locum GP who said that he would put a request in for me due to anxiety but that there was no physical reason why I should not be able to go. Im a nervous wreck at the thought of having to go - I dont know how I will be on that day in regards to the CFS plus I am petrified of having a panic attack going there even soiling myself because stress makes it worse. I had a panic attack and was sick just going to the doctors today and thats just around the corner. Im not really agraphobic but I very rarely leave the house due to the chronic fatigue, depression, lack of motivation, panic attacks atc Im lucky if I go out once a month and thats usually to my cousins/friends house. This whole process is stressing me out and making me even worse. I honestly dont know know if I can carry on. Suicidal thoughts have become more prominent. Im panicking that Im going to be kicked off ESA and Im going to be made homeless (live with mum) (Yes I do worry too much) I just dont know how Im going to cope. What is the likely hood of them granting a home assessment (not very likely I know)
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »

They usually do a home assessment at a GP request. Take this one step at a time so you don't become overwhelmed.
It is a lengthy process and you have successfully been through the system once so you can do it again. 
tinkertink2010

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »

Thank you for the reply. Just going to have to take it a day at a time x
Wits_End
Care Giver

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 09:47:41 PM »

They usually do a home assessment at a GP request.

I wish I'd known that: last time was the first time we'd ever done a f2f, because all the previous ones had automatically been arranged as home visits :(  Guess someone moved the gateposts again.

Hoping you get a satisfactory solution, tinkertink.
Talen

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 10:41:41 AM »

Finger crossed for you tinkertink2010

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome