December 14, 2017, 06:24:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mental - programmes and genetics - part 3  (Read 305 times)
roger
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« on: August 12, 2017, 05:11:42 PM »

Continues from Mind-programmes and genetics part 2

So, our subconscious is programmed, and many of these programmes were installed before our eighth birthday and WE are the programmers. The early programmes were created by our imagination – which in a young child’s mind is more powerful than reality – and or our environment – external and internal – along with our perception of our environment. Also, our genetics might be an area of concern when it comes to health. What does all this mean?

We are not victims, we are where we are now via our own conscious thoughts, desires and beliefs. But if we don’t like where we are, we can change it – we are in control. The question now is, how do we take that control and turn things around?

First, it’s important to understand that not all of our programmes are bad. In fact it’s likely that most of them are good. Also, some are installed very quickly – a child might burn its hand on a hot hob. Because the subconscious has protective instincts, it will install a programme almost instantly, ensuring that the child will be very wary of hobs in the future. Others though, can take a long time to install because, other than when urgency is needed, the subconscious programmes are established by habit, so time is required – how long did it take you to learn to drive without thinking about where the clutch is? For this reason, new long term habits have to be established to overwrite the old programme, and this can take several weeks of persistence to achieve – so patience is needed.

Before we go further into that, some people have the determination, will and patience to deal with this issue themselves, but others don’t, and they will most likely give up way before they can reasonably expect to see results.

These people are likely to benefit from professional help, which if provided properly, can often work much more quickly than a do-it-yourself approach. In my experience, mainstream allopathic medicine has no idea how to supply such help, so my suggestion would be to seek out an Energy Healing practitioner. There are many varieties of modality, but three that I particularly respect are 1) The Emotion Code – I used this myself and will post further on it at a later date 2) Psych-K and 3) Emotional Freedom technique (EFT). You’ll find such practitioners on Google, but as always, some are good at what they do and others aren’t. If you make contact with one, make it clear that you’re looking to overwrite subconscious programmes. If it’s obvious that they don’t know what you mean, move on. Finally, another viable option might be to seek out a really good hypnotherapist, but the same question needs to be asked.

So, back to the DIY option, keeping in mind the need for determination, will, intention and patience, I think affirmations are a great way forward because they involve constant repetition and constant repetition creates habits, and these habits can, over time, overwrite programmes created by previous habits.

I’ve seen many people give up on affirmations despite starting out enthusiastically. Basically, way too soon they decide that they’re not working.

For affirmations to be effective a few things are required 1) You need the ability to clear your mind – mindfulness practice is a good way to develop this skill. 2)  You need to have a strong intent. 3) You need to develop a strong belief in what you’re doing. 4) You need to be really persistent when nothing seems to be happening, and you WILL experience periods, possibly long ones, when ‘nothing is happening’.

How will you know when you’ve got it right? During a successful affirmation, without realising it you’ll develop a contented smile. When that happens, you’ll know you’re on the right track.

This board is about health, so what would be an appropriate affirmation for that?

The one I wrote and used and continue to use (for maintenance) before sleep and on waking is – ‘I have good health and wellbeing, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. All four aspects of my being work symbiotically and in harmony for equal benefit to all, ensuring long term continuation of my good health and wellbeing.’

If you’re comfortable with that, then by all means use it, but anything that you come up with yourself will be effective as long as you’re basically saying the same thing.

When I started with affirmations I had a problem – I’d think, ‘I’m saying I’m healthy but I know I’m not, so I’m just kidding myself’ – but I wasn’t.

Affirmations are about energy and specifically, the energy of intent. What you’re actually doing is writing an energy blueprint of your intention. A house can’t be built without plans (the blueprint), but once the builder has the blueprint, he can envisage the house, and can then build it. Without the blueprint, the plot of land would stay as it is. Everything man has ever created started with a thought, and thought is energy. Without those thoughts, nothing man made would exist. So you’re not ‘kidding yourself’, you’re designing your future – When the affirmation is made, energetically, what you’ve affirmed DOES exist, and the programme overwrite has begun.

So, it’s important to understand this key point – affirmations must state your objective as though it already exists, because at the energy level, it does. If you were to say, ‘I am getting better…’ what does that convey to your subconscious? To what extent are you getting better? When do you want this ‘getting’ to happen’? Your subconscious requires specific instructions, not vagaries.

Okay, what if I’m concerned about genetics and my family history? The same principles apply. Only you can switch a gene off and you do that with your beliefs, so change those beliefs. If you’ve already switched a gene off, that’s a programme. Overwrite it.

I’ve had a lot of problems writing this thread. I’ve got a grasp of the underlying science and I know what I’m trying to convey, but I’m not at all sure that I’ve conveyed it as well as I should have done. If I haven’t, please say so. I believe that the concepts of this thread are hugely important and I don’t want you to miss out on them through my incompetence.

A footnote note on lifespan

Depending on what research you read, we as organisms have the capacity to live for 120 years, 140 years or beyond. So why don’t we? We are taught from childhood that we live to 70 or 80 or 90, and as we grow up we see our grandparents, parents and others do just that. So we develop a programme in our subconscious to do the same. The need then, is to replace that programme with one that agrees with the research, and stop counting birthdays. A question that intrigues me and that I’d urge you to dwell on is – ‘How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?’

Please feel free to respond to this post for discussion and argument or with any questions.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:52:59 AM by roger » Logged

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Talen

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 08:54:22 PM »

Quite a lot to absorb Roger so will read through these sections more thoroughly in the next few days.  The length of telomeres seems to be the key of longevity.  Sorry I can't expand as I am not well today.

Talen
roger
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 06:56:16 AM »

Hi Talen, thanks for posting.

Yes, I’m sorry about that, and it’s why I split it into three. But I do think that understanding what’s in this thread is a major key to getting well.

Re telomeres, yes, I’ve read a great deal about telomeres, much of which was promoting expensive products. Looking at all the evidence, I think good quality sleep, with a couple of hours before midnight, a good diet, and not letting how others have aged influence how YOU age are all important – don’t count birthdays  smile smile

I hope things are better for you today.

treepixie

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 12:49:49 PM »

Hi Roger

It's a lot to understand, so I also need to read it through a few times, but I am finding these posts very interesting, so far this week I have overhauled my diet and am trying meditation, and trying to stop having negative thoughts not easy, but I will persevere. Thank you.
roger
Lifetime Member

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »

Hi TP,

Yes, I'm sorry - I wish I could have made it simpler in a one page thread. But I couldn't, and I do think it's vital to understand how your 'programming' can scupper you.

But hey, it's great to see that you're moving in a positive direction - and it's good to begin one thing at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Baby steps still get you to where you want to be.

Re negative thoughts - try monitoring them for as long as you comfortably can. When one pops up, just use a physical system - clicking your fingers is fine - and say 'delete'. But you MUST then immediately replace it with a positive one. So, 'I feel like crap' to 'I feel good'. The replacement doesn't have to be true physically at the time you say it, but saying it creates a positive energy, and reality always builds from 'energy' over time.

I hope that makes sense.

Talen

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 11:19:50 PM »

Still reading Roger but absorbing info is a bit difficult at the moment.
roger
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 05:37:00 AM »

I do think this is a key thread, Talen, but I also know there's a lot to take in. Don't worry about it - maybe best to read it in small sections?

Talen

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 04:43:12 PM »

Good idea.  Yes I will try that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome