November 16, 2018, 05:11:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sore tongue and thrush  (Read 690 times)
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« on: September 18, 2017, 08:33:48 PM »

I frequently get thrush in my mouth and more often my tongue is sore sometimes with ulcers due to my crowns and sometimes it felts like all the nerve ends are really sore and sensitive. The ulcers are obviously from my crohns. I believe the thrush and the sore tongue are due to the immune system and ME/CFS.

Anyone had the same or any thoughts on the matter .

Eliza x
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:53:11 PM »

Hi Eliz
Yes, I agree with you that this is to do with the immune system, or rather that it is probably autoimmune.

I suffer from Lichen Planus, and although it originally started on my skin, I then developed it in my mouth. It can get very sore and inflamed, but thankfully I rarely get it now. I found that avoiding sugar was helpful, and I also don't have gluten any more either. I do find stress is a trigger too though.

Also my immune system is often struggling and my immunoglobulins are low (IgG and IgA). Most drs don't check for these unless you ask them. I think all of this is part of the same picture, but there are no easy answers to fix it unfortunately.

ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:13:20 PM »

Thanks Aggie

Your reply has been very useful. I'm at the doctors tomorrow so I'll talk about it. The things for testing that you mentioned near the end will be useful

Eliz R x
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome