November 16, 2018, 05:30:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PIP result after 11 months!  (Read 673 times)
steve1221

« on: November 06, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Never give up.

I finally have a result on my PIP, it's only taken 11 months and far more work and effort than it should.

I'd like to give a big thanks to agapanthus who suggested calling a local law center. They were great and did an amazing amount of work in preparing the submission to the courts service for the tribunal.

So, the PIP paperwork dropped on to the mat in the second week of Jan (2017). Filled in and returned in just over a week.

Interview with Atos at the start of April. The report gave me a total of 8 points! (despite being on higher rate mobility and lower rate care with DLA).  This due to the report, like most Atos reports, being pure fiction.

Sent in the reconsideration letter, failed as they just repeated the same incorrect info from the report.

Applied for a tribunal hearing, waited, waited and waited...

Finally had the hearing last Thursday.

If anyone is mulling this step over, don't, just do it. It's not as hard as some of the sites say it is.

I came out with an award of standard rate for both care and mobility set until Feb 2020.

High points, all the help from the guys at the law center and all the support on here.

The low points, well, many of them but the bit that really made me angry was the guy the DWP sent to the tribunal. 
He looked about 12(!), said that they stood by the report (towing the line, clearly). 
But what got me was, I stated that I don't take many if any pain killers because I've over done it a few times and the CFS has had me housebound for days afterwards. So I don't take them so I can monitor how I'm feeling.   So DWP man says, 'Well, if you took more pain killers, you could walk further couldn't you?'  He chose to ignore what I'd just told the tribunal and it appeared it didn't matter to him if I then had to cope with the fallout of doing too much !
These people really have no shame at all!

Anyway, sorry this went on and on, I hope it helps even one person Smiley

Never give up.
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »

Thank you so much for feeding this back, Steve, and I am so sorry that you had such a tortuous journey getting there, but REALLY pleased that it did turn out well at the end.

Also so glad that you were able to find somewhere to help you - so many places have closed down due to the cuts that it can be difficult to get the support that you need.

As you say though, that was dreadful what that person from the DWP said - no health qualifications so should not have been commenting on that aspect anyway, in my opinion. In their own words if you are not able to do an activity safely, reliably and repeatedly then you are not able to do it at all....end of. Clearly you had made it clear that you could not do it taking that into consideration, so he was completely wrong to make that judgement as pain and fatigue therefore should come into the process.

steve1221

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:48:43 PM »

The levels the DWP will stoop to are shocking!

It's just occurred to that my ESA was due for reassessment in June and nothing happened. What's the betting that they see that and start it now, another 11 month roundabout to look forward to!
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »

Yes, that's possible, Steve, but at least you now have the extra evidence of the award re your PIP from the tribunal (not so good losing the high rate mobility it's true, but the rules on that have been made harder anyway).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome