February 19, 2018, 09:34:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Unrest  (Read 326 times)
CeeDee

« on: November 09, 2017, 08:13:25 PM »

Article about Unrest on BBC site today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-41888146
KV_Tofu

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 10:36:02 AM »

Anyone watched it? Some people tell me it doesnt reflect their life at all. OThers tell me it does. But i get the impression its because she reached the extreme end of CFS?
Puscifer213

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »

I bought this not long ago, and I have to admit I haven't seen it all. What I have seen is good, as is her TED talk if you google it, but it's a difficult one for me to watch as she is at the extreme end of cfs, and so are a lot of the people she interviews, I do want to watch all of it at some point, but I think I need to be in the right frame of mind to do so.
KV_Tofu

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »

Same with the "frame of mind". Usually that means i have to not an anxious mess
Kristinb

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »

It is now on Netflix but you have to search for Jennifer Brea to find it....

I found it thought provoking and emotional. Obviously, it focused on those of us on the more severe side but it still does a fantastic job of highlighting the daily struggles we face. I identified many times and struggled to not cry. I will be encouraging family and friends to watch this in the hopes of just a little more understanding and support.

There is a crack in everything,
That's how the light gets in
- Leonard Cohen
adambeyoncelowe

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 05:40:40 PM »

I thought it was good. Not the Americanised melodrama I was expecting. She's definitely severe, but then so are many people.
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 03:20:23 PM »

I watched it for free online about a month ago. I think it's good that Jennifer Brea is showing in the film just how bad the illness can get as those at the severe end have really had no meaningful help at all until this point. They are often stuck in their homes in darkened rooms and ignored. Certainly in this country, some GPs will not even make home visits, and people may be too ill to make any medical visits or travel outside. 

Not that the rest of the people at the moderate and mild end have much useful help either, with only GET and CBT on offer at present but you know what I mean!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome