October 15, 2018, 07:15:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recording medical assessments  (Read 662 times)
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« on: January 04, 2018, 11:41:05 AM »

I've read conflicting advice about whose responsibility it it is to provide equipment if you want to record your assessment.

A lot of you may remember that my husband is quite disabled with chronic health conditions and i have to do all his affairs. He has lifetime awards for both  esa anf da which are being reviewed. His esa medical is on 15th jan

Eliz x
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:03:32 AM »

Hi Elizaabeth. I am not as up to date with this stuff as I used to be, but my understanding is that if it is PIP then it is definitely the responsibility of the patient to do any recording but it has to be to strict guidelines provided by the agency who are doing the assessment re the equipment, and presumably you would have to inform them ahead of time.

Historically with ESA you can request that it be recorded and the equipment is provided by the assessor. However even there I think there can be issues as there is limited equipment available, so there too you have to inform ahead of time. I am unsure if they can reject the request if they cannot fulfil it on the day. If it were me, I would definitely get in touch with the assessor.

Sorry to hear that you are getting both reviews re your husband to cope with at the same time. Incidentally, I am not aware that you CAN have a lifetime award for both - my understanding that  with ESA it was only maximum of 3 years. That said, under recent legislation I believe that with some conditions they are supposed to be changing this so that for some in the Support Group the constant reviews would not happen. I have been unable to clarify how you can work out how you can find out if you are lucky enough to be in that group of people, as I believe this was supposed to come in last September. It certainly is something that should become clearer as time goes on though I hope for everyone.

satmanbasil

Official CSF/ME Sufferer

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »

Hi

In addition to agapanthus reply if you are using your own equipment you must be able to supply them with a copy of your recording so your need a recorder capable of
of taping two records if you have a laptop you may get away with burning a copy of the recording onto a cd/dvd.
Again if you inform them in advance they should be able to tell you if any recording device is available from them they may have to move the date back if not available at the time
If however its not practical to supply them a copy you can always do it under cover and if the examination does not go the way you remember you can always bring this to the attention of
the case reviewer and use a backup of the recording to prove your point, however they may reject it due to the fact it was not given at the time of the assessment.
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 11:52:00 PM »

Thanks both of you.

As i am currently in the middle of a downturn with my ME. I dont think ican bare the thought of or spare the energy to investigate the recording issue further. I have got an updated "peace of mind for carers plan" for him and I'm going to take that to theESA medical snd also to the PIP one when that comes through but i havent had the form to complete yet. Ive aldo had a phone assessment of his needs from social services and now in the pile waiting to  be allocated a named social worker to do a home visit. I wont have a care plan ready for the assessment but at least i can tell them what the situation is and hope it helps. He really is quite disabled now and everythingfalls on me.

Plus ive just spent all day at hospital with my daughter who is expecting and is having a few problems. Didnt get home until 10pm.

Eliz x
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome