January 24, 2018, 02:04:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Babies are hard work + Christmas  (Read 113 times)
KV_Tofu

« on: December 21, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »

My son is jsut undder 6 months old. I have been pretty much housebound since he was born because of how much it takes out of me. Although I went on the Eurostar to France at the end of August, which seems impossible now, but hey, that can happen again.
I am managing my emotions/mental health a lot better now. During September and October I was bedbound and we had a nanny (that we could just about afford) to look after him. I was so bad there was at least 6 days in there where I had to be fed by my husband and still struggled to eat.
I may not be hopping on the eurostar at this minute but I can feed myself.
But we have had no nanny for over a week due to Christmas hols (she has a daughter to care for). It is hard to pace with a baby and even when I am doing really well, I generally start feeling the stress on my body by 5pm (husband get home about 6:30 but then has to do everything around the house so its not exactly instant relief).
The fact that some days I feel a miniscule bit better than the day before (and then back down again) shows me my handling is doing ok.. The change is tiny (like one day I may be able to walk to the kitchen and back and not get tired (about 7 meters), then the next day i am exhausted with any movement). But the fact it is going up and down means I am not stuck in a certain permanent state and do have control.

I will be going to my parents over Christmas. this is both horrific and a good thing. If I am able to take enough breaks from my family by disappearing to bed, Not only will I get rest but my husband will too as my parents are very good at caring for him. But staying calm and relax is an effort I have to put in every waking moment. I am still not very good at staying calm when people talk to me - my mind races and so does my talking, and often have to stop randomly mid-sentence because i can feel the impact on my chest (I get the impression my heart is screaming at me due to lack of oxygen..).
Fun.

Wish me luck?
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »

Good luck, KV   thumbsup

It's really difficult to get the rest you need with a small baby, but get whatever help you can and just do your best. If you're totally knackered after Xmas, accept that but also accept that recovery WILL happen.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome