February 23, 2018, 06:19:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi everyone...  (Read 252 times)
FindingME

« on: January 27, 2018, 01:06:10 PM »

Hello, I'm completely new to using a forum, hopefully I'm posting in the right place! My name is Emma and I've had ME/CFS for a while, confirmed in June 2016. I am struggling with the grief aspect of the condition. I feel extremely lost and need to find myself again. My partner uses this forum and said how helpful it has been so I thought I'd give it a try. I currently work and will be going part time in April. I consider myself to be moderately effected, I'm still struggling with relapses and managing my symptoms which is why I'm going part time, as scary as that is for so many reasons! I look forward to being able to contact people on here who will understand how I'm feeling and be able to offer advice. Many Thanks Em  sign0144
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 02:21:08 PM »

Hi Emma, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, you posted in the ideal place, so that’s a good start  thumbsup

What you describe as ‘the grief aspect’ is totally understandable – though in my case, it was anger – and I think the way to get around that is to establish a very clear belief that ME/CFS isn’t the end of the world, and that by doing what’s necessary, people CAN and DO regain their health – I’m an example – and the fact that you’re switching to part time work is a very good start!

It’s great to hear that your partner gained from being a forum member and I hope you find the same.

Have a good look around the various boards, and please, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Roger.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:55:25 PM »

Hi Emma  s_hi
Hope you find lots of useful info here and like minded people x
FindingME

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »

Thank you for the welcome! Apologies for the late reply, I'm suffering a flare up due to over doing things and I'm resting up. I might have to bring my plans to go part time forward, I just can't manage 30hrs a week any more.

Will post again when I'm back on my feet  bedtime2
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »

I think that would be wise, Emma. I hope your flare up flares down very soon  fingerscrossed

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:16:19 PM »

Hello to you Emma from me as well.

Yes, I think that is a very good idea to try working part time as 30 hours is a lot to deal with when you have ME/CFS. When I was working (I am now retired) I was able to get my hours down to 16 which I could just about manage for a while, especially as it was a sitting down job.

How has your employer been? It sounds as if they have been supportive if they agreed to the drop in hours.

On the grief aspect you mention....... yes, it is such a process of change that has to be accommodated, and it took me many years to accept it, (not sure I ever did really), and now illnesses to do with older age are kicking in to complicate matters, so I have to cope with other kinds of change too now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome