May 25, 2018, 11:06:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Advice about phasing myself  (Read 413 times)
Clementine

« on: February 20, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »

Hi all,

I have suffered from chronic fatigue since I was about 15 (I am now 25). I am really struggling with noticing signs of when I have done too much. After I do too much I can be unwell for a long time, several weeks. I find it very difficult to identify when it is time to stop and rest because once I start to get symptoms like jelly legs and complete exhaustion it is already too late. I have tried limiting myself to a certain amount of hours of work, and I thought I was doing a good job until the side effects of chronic fatigue hit me again today. I am getting so frustrated with it and would really like some advice about how other people with chronic fatigue phase themselves and how to notice the signs before it is too late. I am feeling very desperate for any kind of help as my GP is not helping me and saying I am just suffering from depression, which I am not. 

Thanks

sign0144
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »

Hi Clementine, and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you've 'hit the wall', which is something we all do from time to time, but the consequences of which are far more severe for those with CFS.

I can't say for sure that they will, but I hope that one or the other (or both) of the following links might help -

http://forum.chronicfatiguesyndrome.me.uk/index.php/topic,8087.0.html

http://forum.chronicfatiguesyndrome.me.uk/index.php/topic,6301.0.html

I hope you recover sooner rather than later. Good luck  fingerscrossed

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:35:05 PM »

Hello Clementine
I wanted to say 'hi' and welcome you to the forum. I am probably not the best person to give advice on pacing myself, as I have always been very poor at it. I think it's particularly hard to do if you have had phases where you function better and then things get worse for a while - maybe this is the case for you, and you are needing to readjust?

Sorry to hear that you have suffered from ME/CFS for such a long time. It was that which made me wonder how you have been coping previously? Did you perhaps start out worse and then improve a bit and begin to work and now are needing to readjust because your energy is limited and doesn't stretch as far? How have things been for you and did you begin to work recently, or was it OK before?

The other thing of course is that the body can be going through other issues that may impact more some times than others (e.g. if you are female and about to start a period, or if you are fighting off a virus), and so you then may find it even harder to recover than at other times.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome