August 18, 2018, 08:31:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 654 times)
Biological_ME

« on: April 14, 2018, 01:40:13 AM »

Hi all! 38 year old guy from Northern England here and have had M.E. for 25 years now (so since about 13). Was once tired and gadabout, am now not so mobile because of worsening symptoms concerning the way my heart functions and so I don't really go so far these days. I have followed the media's coverage of this sad debacle the whole time and I have to say, it's been a somewhat disappointing ride for us poor sods with M.E. and I can't wait until there is some change and (hopefully) rapid progress on the science front we are well and truly due it if you ask me. I joined because I was just looking for somewhere to hang out and see if there's any progress going on or not...and now for some smilies cos I like them  bedtime2 bedtime2 bedtime2 bedtime2 bedtime2 sign0144 beer coffee2 coffee2 coffee2 coffee2 Ta..  bedtime2
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 06:01:22 AM »

Hi Biologiival and welcome to the forum.

Please get involved because that's how you'll get the best out of what's on offer here.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Roger.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 08:09:02 AM »

Hello there Biological_ME
Welcome to the forum. It is a bit quiet on here at the moment, but there are a lot of historical posts of interest.

Sorry to hear that you have been ill for so long and that things are affecting you physically in the way you describe. I know that progress on the biomedical front has been oh so slow, due to the funding going principally on the psych front for so many years. There is some movement now, and of course there is some good work being done in the US which we hope will bear fruit in time.

Have you had any tests done on the way your heart is affected? Tilt table tests? Or is it something else?

Biological_ME

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »

Agapanthus: I assume that you mean tilt table tests re. orthostatic tachycardia and no, it's purely exercise based heart problems and a lot of reactivity to different foods...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome