May 25, 2018, 11:03:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: PIP with only a year to go?  (Read 189 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Care Giver
Full Member
Offline Offline

Posts: 101

« on: May 04, 2018, 01:22:46 AM »

Aaagh!  Caree received a letter in the post this morning telling her she has to apply for PIP.  She's just approaching her 64th birthday, and was told when we went for her last DLA/ESA or whatever it is assessment, which I think was 2016 - although last year was such a blur that I could be wrong - that that one would cover her until she reached pension age so she wouldn't need to do another one, and now they're moving the goalposts again!  (Unless anyone here knows differently, and she is actually allowed to stay where she is for the duration?).  It's so unfair - and must be horrendous for so many sufferers.  Her attitude at the moment is "Bring it on - better do it now while I'm still worse than I was", and she has a point, but at the same time she's not well enough to travel, so we won't be able to get to an assessment centre (she's only just managed to make it downstairs occasionally in the past couple of months, and we went out for the first time in 15 months the other day for a push up and down the road a bit), and the trouble is that if we get a home assessment there's nothing visibly wrong with her *and* she's perked up a lot, and I'm afraid the medical professional may not realise how bad she still is.

Would appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, etc.

Senior Member
Offline Offline

Posts: 241

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »

Hi witsend,
I've not had a home assessment but would have one if I couldn't manage to travel. You need to keep repeating that Carrie cannot go out due to her symptoms. The fact that she can't make it to an assessment centre says enough. I, too am in my 60s. I get PIP and ESA and have just completed another form for ESA. It has really wore me out and I've been given I'll health retirement from my last employer so you'd think that would be enough for them!  Carrie and I wouldn't be in this position if the state pension age hadn't been changed! We've all been ripped off by the government! I hope it all goes well for Carrie.
Lifetime Member
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1567

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »

You will need to complete the form thoroughly and enclose supportingevidence. In order to get a home assessment you will need a letter from your GP explains why travel is impossible.  The benefitsandworks guides are excellent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines