November 21, 2018, 06:26:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PIP home visits  (Read 558 times)
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« on: May 25, 2018, 08:32:24 AM »

Can you still request a home visit for the medical assessment. If so where on the form do you put that?

Eliz
Anne56

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 11:43:21 AM »

Sorry Eliz, I can't help with that as I didn't have a home visit. Perhaps if you give them a ring.  Wink
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 12:33:57 PM »

Yes I'll do that thank you

Eliz x
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 08:05:52 AM »

I did help my son with the form but don't have a copy of it, and I would have advised him to ask for a home visit. From memory I thought there was somewhere you could request this or write it on there but maybe I just recommended that he put it on the Intro somewhere.

However, I also know that they don't read these forms properly and even if it's written down it's ignored. It is definitely better to ring as my understanding is that the form gets passed on from the DWP to the Assessment organisation (there are 2 different people for PIP depending on which area you are in), so it will be that organisation who will contact you usually, not the DWP regarding the assessment. In some rare cases (and my son was one), they (and I think this is the DWP not the assessment organisation) look at the application and don't need to even see the person - usually in cases where enough evidence has been sent to them.

I seem to recall that if a home assessment is needed that there has to be a letter or email or fax sent from the Dr to the assessment organisation but I am not sure how that is set up. I guess when it comes to being given a date, then you have to contact the organisation themselves (ATOS or Capita depending on your region) and ask them the process to sort this out.

brian c

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »

When i had mine done nearly 18 months ago now it had to be requested by a medical person stating that in there opinion you were not fit enough to travel to an assement
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 11:57:05 PM »

Thanks people.

I've finished the form and posted now. On the last page (I think) it asked for any requirements for face to face so I put the request in there. Aggie that's interesting about your son. I was thinking thst I'd sent so much additional medical info including social services care plan that I'm hoping he wont have to go. If he gets the points he by rights he should do his points are off the Richter scale. I wont have any trouble getting support to justify a home visit. I guess i just wait now and see what comes back
Eliz x
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 07:32:16 AM »

Good luck to you Eliz and hope it goes as smoothly as possible for you and your husband on this.

I am not entirely sure how we have managed it between us, but my son has not had any kind of face to face assessment now for well over 10 years. I remember going with him to one for Incapacity Benefit around 12 years ago or so. Some time after that my son was sectioned and was diagnosed with schizophrenia (he also has Tourette Syndrome and dyspraxia), and he got DLA without being seen. Later on he was moved to ESA Support Group without being seen, and more recently PIP. He gets High Rate care (after a Reconsideration as they only gave him standard rate care initially), but lost his Mobility Payment. There has been a court case recently on this subject so its possible he might get that reinstated as the Govt essentially took it away from people with mental health issues.

I write to his various people who support him for help with letters at times of benefits reviews, with mixed results. Some are very helpful, some not so.

I did an official complaint to his Health Trust (and won) for him to be given more support at home, and as a result he gets 28 hours a week Direct Payments for support from a carer (we live many miles away from him so unable to help physically).

Wits_End
Care Giver

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 07:08:11 PM »

Good luck, Eliz.  I'm just in the middle of doing caree's PIP application at the moment, and we've put it in the bit where they ask what help you'd need to get to the assessment, so "wheelchair, cab, (not that I could actually manage to get to an assessment at the moment anyway)", something like that.
ElizaabethR
Lifetime Member

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 07:31:11 PM »

Thanks all. I'll just wait now. Our gp will do a letter.

Eliz x
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome