September 19, 2018, 02:51:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quite upset.....pregabalin  (Read 180 times)
chill

« on: July 20, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »

I am quite upset that, despite researching for hours and hours most days for months and months and trying every natural way i could find that i have had to concede and go back on  Pregabalin for my anxiety.  My true and fundamental personal belief is that medication is bad for you, my anxiety is not caused by a pregabalin deficiency but nothing has worked and i have been housebound due to it now for months.  I was on pregabalin for about 12 months and stopped it in dec last year, it did help greatly so i have, in effect given in and gone back on it, and that just makes me feel rubbish.  I think the fact that my CFS flared up again contributed greatly to the rapid increase in my anxiety but being back on medication when i feel so strongly against it is very hard, but i am desperate and literally have tried everything else, i really have.

I guess i just have to come to terms with the fact that this medication helps me and that is a good thing, but it is hard for me.  The fight goes on i guess!

chill Huh?
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »

Don't beat yourself up, Chill - at least in the short term, pharmaceuticals are sometimes the way to go. Not often, but sometimes. So I think at this stage, a relaxed 'oh well' approach is appropriate.

Have you tried a good quality CBD OIL?

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
chill

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »

One thing i am good at Roger, very good, is beating myself up, i can always beat myself in a fight! But yes, i am kind of in a "sigh, oh well, i tried" kind of frame of mind regarding the Pregabalin.

I have got some good quality CBD oil and i tried it just once, which i know wont have any effect, it tastes revolting and i am concerned regarding the fact that my research has shown that it can give a false positive on a roadside test should i be unfortunate enough to be in an accident and be asked to do one.  I got a free sample from CBD brothers because it is seriously expensive for their good stuff but i am very unsure about using it.

I am so very low at the moment and my physical and mental health is teetering on the edge of a cliff so i think i just have to accept that i have to take meds for a while. Not happy about it though.

chill
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 10:27:04 AM »

Listen up, chill - I'm chief constable of the 'stop people beating themselves up' police force. So if you slip out of 'oh well' mode, post and I'll issue you with a fine. If the fine doesn't work, I have access to much more severe penalties. Okay?

Shame about the taste. I use the AP one and it tastes lovely - licorice! So, is the taste the main issue or is it this strange fear of getting a false reading in an accident? If the former, grin and bear it. If the latter - your posts tell me you're a good logical thinker. Think it through - it's not a logical fear, is it?

Okay, get back on track with the drug, come off it when you feel able and try a week on the CBD - it's the best anxiety/depression treatment I know of. No rush - just when you feel able.

For now, I think you need a hug and I hope you'll accept this one  hug in the spirit it was offered.

chill

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 11:11:21 AM »

Thanks Roger, you are a star.  I will be sure to post if i slip out of oh well mode.  You are right, i am very logical, but contending with CFS, depression and anxiety warp my thought processes somewhat.  It is what it is though, and i will cope, somehow.  It really helps to talk things through on here though, so glad i found this forum.  Thanks for the hug, much appreciated.
chill
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 12:09:50 PM »

Hey, chill - I'm now going to throw every sympathy bone in my body at you. What you just said brought back memories, and they were BAD memories. It IS hugely difficult to contend with and I'd hate to be back where you are now. I WAS there for a long time. I found a way out. You've been there before. You found a way out. That way out is there waiting for you. Whether or not it's the same way out as last time, I don't know. But with your guts and determination - both demonstrated by the research you continue to do despite feeling utterly crap - you WILL find that way. How do I know? Because apart from being female, younger and better looking from me, I recognise me in you. I found my way out despite several major setbacks, which at the time I thought were recoveries, so why can't you? Stupid question. You can! Trust me.

mr. edge

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 07:47:23 PM »

You could try one of the vape pens people like harmony do for hemp/cbd my dad tried one out and preferred it to oil also he appears better to take it in that form.
chill

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »

Sorry, only just seen these last two replys....mr edge, thanks for the suggestion but the very thought of smoking or vaping anything makes me feel ill, so its not an option, but thanks as i said for the reply, its appreciated.

Roger, this board is lucky to have you here and i mean that very sincerely, I have sent you a message, thank you.

Chill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome