November 13, 2018, 10:01:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MSM anyone?  (Read 423 times)
chill

« on: July 19, 2018, 07:33:22 AM »

Hi There

i have recently added MSM powder to my regime and wandered if anyone else uses it and if so how much do you take per day? I have rehearsed it quite well but the experience of others is always so valuable, so thought i would ask.  Also, the stuff tastes revolting, i am taking it in orange squash atm so any tips on being able to take it and it not tasting so bad would be most welcome!  i am using a good quality brand but again, any recommendations based on experience welcome.  Thanks in advance.
chill
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »

My opinion - http://forum.chronicfatiguesyndrome.me.uk/index.php/topic,20146.0.html

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
treepixie

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 07:33:01 PM »

I take it twice and day, and you soon get used to the taste, i started taking it after Roger recommended it .

I have really noticed an improvement in my energy levels, my hair is fabulous and has stopped falling out, my ibs had disappeared and my asthma has really improved, not sure if that a coincidence but Iím not stopping taking it.

I would definitely recommend it, takes a while to kick in, and I did get headaches to start with, but just stick with it.
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 05:19:12 AM »

Hi TP, that's great news. The early headaches were probably due to not taking enough water.

chill

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 07:07:55 AM »

Treepixie, thank you, its good to hear that you are benefiting from MSM.  I do hope i get used to the taste!!

Roger, a fountain of knowledge as ever, thank you for the link, very very helpful indeed.  Two heaped tsps a day it is!!

Also, i just re read my original post and realised it says rehearsed when it should say researched!! Good old CFS brain fog!!

Thank you both very much for your replies.
chill x
chill

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »

this is the one i am using btw
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06W9JH7LP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

any opinions on whether its good/bad would be welcomed.  I liked it because its organic.

chill
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 07:51:25 AM »

Hi chill, I've just looked at your link. In my experience, the cheaper options are either heavily contaminated or chemically produced in China - often both - and I note that one of the reviews says it's contaminated. Also, re claims - ALL MSM is vegan and chemically derived MSM is by its very nature organic - it means nothing. Having said all that, see how you get on with it. If you get benefits, great. But if you don't get benefits, please don't give up on the MSM concept - as with all supplements, you do tend to get what you pay for.

Re the typo - blame it on autocorrect - that's what I do  smile

Fountain of knowledge, eh? I wish! What I know is only what I know - I spend much of my time researching these days and what this teaches me is that what I know is just a fraction of what I'd like to know - I reckon I'll know everything I want to know by the time I'm ninety, then I can be a smart-arse for my remaining thirty years  smile

chill

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 08:36:20 AM »

Thank you Roger that is very helpful, i may try the MSM you recommend as there is nothing more valuable than experience in my experience, if that makes sense!!

I too spend most of my time researching (got it right this time!!) and as you say, you can only know what you know, but there are a lot of folks out there who just accept what the "medical machine" tells them as gospel and dont question, (my step father recently went to his GP with intense stomach pain and was told he had groin strain....i told him to go to the hospital because i knew that was rubbish ((i was an RAF Medic)) but he said the GP knew best, the next day he was still in agony so i made him, against his will, go to the hospital where they diagnosed a ruptured appendix and he had to have emergency surgery!) so as far as i am concerned, knowledge is power! Thanks again for your help.
chill
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »

Oh dear, that's so typical - good on you for pushing him!

Back to MSM - if you look through the posts you'll see a link to another one that I found and think is as good as or nearly as good as the original recommendation but half the price.

chill

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 08:56:40 AM »

yes i have seen that Roger and saved it in my amazon list, thanks.  I am at the moment trying to decide between the Ancient Purity one or that one, its hard to know!! Also, keep getting distracted by the lovely incense and things on the Ancient purity site!! Must try and concentrate!.  Thanks

chill
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »

It's down to price, chill - I do rate the AP one as the VERY best but the OptMSM is okay if cost is the important issue.

In general - if you want the very best of ANYTHING, AP is the place to go. I know them well and they just won't stock anything other than the best, which they search the world for.

treepixie

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 09:23:06 AM »

This is the one i am using

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D2YBD9W/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01D2YBD9W&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=2784349025056798016&pf_rd_r=YBJDHBMY2EKWB25GKN32&pd_rd_wg=cHiBs&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=hG7Z4&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=110a1e73-8bfe-11e8-9d43-5169ffada23c
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 09:25:13 AM »

That's okay, TP it's the one I posted on and it's fine - and as we know you're getting benefits, that's even better  smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome