September 19, 2018, 03:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cocoa  (Read 165 times)
chill

« on: July 30, 2018, 08:58:48 AM »

Hi Folks

been doing some research in to the benefits of Cocoa, as in high content cocoa not cadburys dairy milk!!  Does anyone use Cocoa, had any benefits etc?  As far as i can tell there has only been one reliable trial (ie, double blind, placebo controlled etc) in to this, but it looks promising and the link is below if anyone is interested.  Think i might start adding cocoa powder to my morning smoothie for a while, see if i get any benefit...watch this space....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092175
chill
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 03:33:30 PM »

I eat 6 squares of this a day and have done for a couple of years - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasslachers-Solid-Chocolate-250g-Pack/dp/B010086FM8/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532964327&sr=8-1&keywords=hasslachers+chocolate

Note - it's cacao NOT cocoa, so it's pure. I don't make a drink with it, I eat it. It's very much an acquired taste (bitter) but once you're used to it, it's addictive! The bitterness gets the digestive juices flowing so tends to improve digestion.  Lots of healthy stuff in there including a good dose of very absorbable magnesium. NO sugar!!

I'm a big fan, but need to reiterate - the taste does take some getting used to.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
chill

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 07:22:43 AM »

Hi Roger, yes i have eaten pure cacao, it is an acquired taste you are right but will be worth it if it helps! I love really bitter dark chocolate anyway so its not really that much of a leap to leave out the sugar!! Thanks
chill
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 07:30:13 AM »

To be fair, I don't claim it was part of my healing process, but it is very healthy. If you get some and like it, you can get a much better price if you buy in bulk.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome