December 15, 2018, 01:52:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newbie ... could really do with some advice ASAP!  (Read 481 times)
Chead87

« on: September 24, 2018, 06:05:27 PM »

So my symptoms started 10 years ago, diagnosed 8 years ago.
Over the last week my family and I have noticed some slight deteriorations with my speech, leg function and cognitive function ..... which does happen from time to time.
This morning I woke up with quite bad pain at the base of my skull which feels like pressure / swelling. I have had it before but it's never lasted longer than an hour or so.
Currently we don't have a proper m.e. service in my region so I am under the care of my GP who tend to refer me to the hospital. If the problem persists tomorrow I'm going to seek medical attention but just wanted to know if anyone has had similar symptoms.
Thanks in advance!
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 06:14:30 PM »

Yes. Poor posture in bed and sitting can be the culprit together with ongoing stress. Maybe some nerve compression ?
ME services are usually OT or physio led so you are better off seeing your GP for a proper assessment.
Iím sure there is nothing sinister happening but do get checked out.
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »

For me itís usually a symptom of a brewing virus or infection......a sign to start loading up the vitamin c !
Chead87

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »

Went to urgent care last night but they passed me onto a nurse practitioner who had to look up how to do a neurological exam  huh saw my go this morning who confirmed weakness on neurological exam. Referring me for scan and back to a neurologist  sad. She thinks it's inflammation, so increased anti iflamatorys and pain meds, hopefully they'll start working soon
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 07:48:56 AM »

I hope things improve for you soon Chead87. Interestingly, at the time I read your post, I was reading of research going on in the US on the subject of neuroinflammation in ME/CFS. Not sure if this link will work or not, but I will try it
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2018/09/24/brain-fire-neuroinflammation-found-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me-cfs/

Jarred Younger is the man who is researching into this in the US but it seems that the Japanese also did a studies according to this article.

Chead87

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 07:49:22 PM »

Thank you very much, I'll have a proper look when my cog is a bit more with it. Think we are going to have to go back to hospital tomorrow, we are going to try another local one with a neuro dept. Just not getting any better and I'm going into day 5 of the pain in my head and it's not easing off  cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome