November 16, 2018, 05:06:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good morning.  (Read 254 times)
ian2018

« on: November 01, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »

This is ian2008. Some of you may remember me.

I've forgotten my password and my registered email was mathematics@fsmail.net but is no longer available.

Can my password be retrieved or shall stay as ian2018?
neptuno
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »

Dunno - but  s_hi s_hi s_hi
ian2018

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 07:59:20 AM »

s_hi
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:54:06 PM »

Hello again Ian! Probably best to stay as the new name. How are you doing now? I think I remember you, but do jog my memory and tell us about yourself.

The forum is not as active as it once was, but some of the members from a while back do pop up from time to time.

roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 07:03:16 AM »

Hi Ian,

I remember you - a teacher now retired? - like Aggie, I think it's best to stay with the new name. I'd love to hear how you're getting on.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
ian2018

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »

That's me roger. clap
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 05:40:41 PM »

Smiley - so how's life, Ian?

ian2018

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »

Well I'm still alive, obviously.  hee20hee20hee

Not sure when I last posted 2014 or 2015 I think.

I still have my battles with CFS but I live my life to the full, as much as you can with CFS, and deal with the symptoms when they arrive. Lots of pain of course. The CFS has not fitted well with advancing years, now 62,  and threshold is lower than it used to be. Depression has been a constant companion in varying degrees of intensity.

I had my gallbladder out just over two years ago. I had pancreatitis in early 2015.

IBS has been a pain but the Fodmap diet has helped greatly.

On plus side I now have five grandchildren.

I still do lots of photography.

Still keep myself fit, supple and strength, with as much exercise as my body can cope with.  Delayed fatigue has always been a problem since I had flu like symptoms in 2008.

But on the whole positive and living my life.

👍👍
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 07:04:08 PM »

Well being alive has its advantages to Iím glad about that, Ian! But you do seem to have been through the wars for the last few years and Iím sorry about that. I remember your interest in photography so Iím glad you can still do plenty of that.  But listen, none of this Ďadvancing yearsí stuff. Iíve got ten years on you and I anticipate at least another thirty, every one of them good!

BTW Ė depression is a horrible thing but a good Emotion Code practitioner may well be able to sort that out Ė itís an emotion issue. If there isnít one near you it can be done remotely. Maybe worth looking into?

ian2018

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 07:59:48 AM »

I too intend living quite a long time, but the clock keeps tick nonetheless. 😋

Emotion Code? I'll look into.

How's life with you?
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 08:31:14 AM »

Don't listen to it  smile

http://forum.chronicfatiguesyndrome.me.uk/index.php/topic,20150.0.html

Great, thanks. To my mind, CFS/ME was the best thing that ever happened to me!

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 10:55:34 AM »

Hi Ian
Thank you for sharing your news. Sorry to hear about the more difficult parts of life, but glad that there is some positive stuff in there too. The photography sounds great as it's something that can be done with most kinds of disabilities.

I am in my 60s too (66 now) and also had some ops in the past few years. My threshold re muscle pain has lowered in the last year or so, and it's hard to know how much is ageing and whether the ops were also a trigger in my own case. It's never been a huge problem for me in the past 10+ years of ME/CFS so it's odd that it's bad now, but I intend to stop my biggest trigger so things should improve for me soon on that score.

Also re the IBS..... I have had that lifelong, and the FODMAP diet makes a lot of sense and helps me too. I have other gut issues too, but have managed to find relief for them in the past year too. Stomach pain can be especially hard to deal with mentally in my own experience.

ian2018

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 03:24:35 PM »

Hi Aggie

Looks like you and I have similar experiences with our health problems. My aches and pains have definitely become more pronounced since my gallbladder operation. I have been referred to a musculoskeletal clinic so see we shall see what that brings.

The IBS is pretty much sorted now I'm on Fodmap but with the lactose intolerance, which really is a pain 😕, I have to be very careful what I eat.

On the plus side my heart and lungs are good.

The hiatus hernia is quite small but I have to be mindful of the volume of food I eat in one go.

Ho hum.
ian2018

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »

Roger.

Once I have finished my current reading list I will spare some time on the Emotion Code.

With regards to the IBS/SIBO I'm pretty stable at the moment using Fodmap. I'm seeing a dietician at the moment who has been amazing. Should things get ugly again maybe I'll have a look at the video. 👍👍
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 04:09:54 PM »

No worries, Ian, but it's not a video, it's 40 videos  smile. Fodmap is great for symptom relief, but it doesn't solve the problem - it's not all about diet.

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 05:49:05 PM »

Hi Aggie

Looks like you and I have similar experiences with our health problems. My aches and pains have definitely become more pronounced since my gallbladder operation. I have been referred to a musculoskeletal clinic so see we shall see what that brings.

The IBS is pretty much sorted now I'm on Fodmap but with the lactose intolerance, which really is a pain 😕, I have to be very careful what I eat.

On the plus side my heart and lungs are good.

The hiatus hernia is quite small but I have to be mindful of the volume of food I eat in one go.

Ho hum.

Ah yes, I do also have a small hiatus hernia Ian! My problems got worse just after whooping cough some 9 years ago now, and when I found out some years after that, that I had a HH it all made sense to me (I had a previous endoscopy and none found previously). Like you, I have to be careful of food volume, but I also have a big issue with acidity of food causing me pain. Thankfully I have found a solution to that by drinking more alkali water.

It is curious isn't it that an operation should cause worsening of the other symptoms, but I guess all kinds of things can happen in the brain or body with anaesthesia, and in my case the stress of it (it was my 2nd detached retina and had the op with local anaesthesia and no sedative the 2nd time and it really freaked me out). Thankfully my sight was saved though!

ian2018

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 03:45:58 PM »

Hi Aggie.

I've also had gastritis this year as well.

So 2018 started with a colonoscopy which was fun. 😥 Fortunately all was clear.

And a gastroscopy late spring. Which identified the signs of gastritis though healing and the hiatus hernia.

When I had a gastroscopy with ultrasound camera, knock out for that one, looking for my gallstones there was no sign of the HH. Oh hum

I've had acid reflux for about 15 years. However, now I've started eating with the HH in mind acid reflux is now quite rare. No alcohol and no caffeine helps.

No spicy food either.

The gallbladder operation, even with laparoscopy, took me ages to recover and I would go as far as saying that I have not fully recovered and much  body pain started from then.

My GP, when it was first decided that I didn't have gallstones, was quite relieved for me because she said someone with my illness is not going to find the recovery path very easy. How right she was.

agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »

Ah yes, I did have gastritis but it was over 10 years ago before I got the ME diagnosis and it was diagnosed and treated at the time. When I began to get the pain after the whooping cough episode, I assumed it was gastritis again and it was some years later that I had another endoscopy and that time they found no gastritis to my surprise! That was when they found the small hiatus hernia. How odd that yours should go missing on the 2nd look.

I also had a colonoscopy about the same time as you did..... well the end of 2017 anyway. They found a bit of mild diverticulitis but nothing worse. I found the prep was the worst bit - they were so kind about it all compared with the endoscopy nurse who was trying to bully me into not having a sedative. I hate the way the NHS now think it's reasonable for people to go through so much stress over this. It was due to having my last eye op done without any sedative that I had such a bad time afterwards. There seems to be no allowances made for the anxiety caused of such ops.

I have onat least one gallstone I was told, but since I reduced some kinds of fat (animal fat especially), I don't have the pain any more, and it seems that at present there is no need to remove my gallbladder thankfully. These days it's a much easier op than in the past pre keyhole surgery, as recovery time is much quicker, so I am sorry that you had such a bad time of it.

I stopped all the foods supposed to help reduce acid pain issues many years back, but still the issues persisted (I had cut out coffee, alcohol and spicy food). I had to cut out all acidic foods including nearly all fruit and also have the alkali water before things improved for me. My diet used to be very limited, and it still is, but I can now eat a few extra things thankfully.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome