January 16, 2019, 05:45:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help! ESA3 (IBR) Form In The Post :(  (Read 298 times)
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« on: November 23, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »

Hello Everyone  051bye

Why is it always this time of year they send me the big brown envelopes containing booklets to fill in?

A quick rundown on what I'm on/situation

I was on IB that turned into ESA support group Contribution based.

ESA wrote to me three years ago because I came up for renewal. I filled out the form had a letter back saying I needed a assessment. I got them to say I could have a home assessment that was about three years ago & I'm still waiting for that home assessment!.

The ESA triggered going from DLA to PIP. I'm on standard care & mobility after a home assessment.

My area has just started to roll out Universal Credit & I suspect this is why I have got this form.

It say's that I can fill it out it's about what money you have. I've just gone this year below the 16,000 limit so I do suspect I would get help with rent & council tax. But it also say's I can call them up & say I don't want them to check if I'm able to get ESA income related support.

So basically they want to check if I can get Income related ESA (which I now think I can) from a date in June 2013 which I'm guessing is the whole time I've been on ESA.

My worry is if I fill out this form & they say I can get income related ESA & help with rent & council tax can this then trigger them making me go through the whole am I entitled to benefits for being ill again which I'm in ESA support group at the moment.

Also if I do fill out the form will it trigger having to do the Universal Credit application which is why I think they have done this & would that also lead to having to go through seeing if I can have the ESA support group?.

Very confused!

Thanks  Kiss
Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:45 PM »

I think I've just found the answer to some of it, I found this on Entitled to website:

On Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance and believed to be entitled to Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support Allowance   

Before UC you would Claim Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support Allowance   

In U/C area Claim Universal Credit (treated as a new claim)

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 06:14:45 PM »

Found this on Gov.uk:

13. Moving from Employment and Support Allowance to Universal Credit

If you have been receiving Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), have already completed a WCA and been assessed whilst claiming ESA, you may not have to undertake the assessment again when you move to Universal Credit.

If your Work Capability Assessment is due for a review, you will need to have another assessment.

So as I'm down for a home visit three years ago & no one has turned up yet I guess that means I still need one! plus I would loose the migration protection because U/C would be less than ESA support group.

So the easy thing to do is survive on less money now paying my rent & council tax from esa support & pip standard for both & say I'm over the 16,000 limit (which is untrue) & not have to start a U/C claim & risk them finding out at a later date if something bad happens & need the rent & council tax paid for.

Or go through the whole mess that is U/C what a lovely Christmas present that is thanks Government Happy Christmas to you too  Tongue
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 10:10:26 PM »

Hi Rainbow. I can understand your concern about being sent any forms from the DWP. However on this occasion I am pretty sure it's not to catch you out but to repay money that may or may not be owing. I had to google this myself, and found a recent entry on another forum with the same concerns as you have, which then reminded me that the Govt got caught out by underpaying thousands of people when they transferred from IB to ESA.

What was supposed to happen was that if you were on Contributions Related ESA then they should have checked everyone also for an underlying Income related entitlement on top (so you don't actually stop getting Contributions related just get the top ups on the premiums that you would then be entitled to on income). If people have that then they also get some top ups especially I think if they are on PIP. However many people got forgotten and the Govt have accepted that they owe thousands backdated.

The person on the other forum assured the person that it would not trigger a Universal Credit claim as it's not about a change in circumstances. I hope that is a bit clearer but I can see in your case that you probably didn't qualify for the Income related bit at the time you moved to ESA and this has only happened recently for you?

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 09:48:17 AM »

Phew!

Thank you so very much!

It's only since this year I now qualify for some or all housing benefit & council tax help, once I've filled in this form showing I am now able to get that, will it trigger them sending me forms to fill out for Universal credit or housing benefit as I am now in a U/C area?

Thanks  Kiss
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »

I cannot say 'no' categorically Rainbow as I am not an expert in this area.  From what I have read it doesn't, but I cannot be certain of that and would hate to misinform you unintentionally.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 11:53:31 AM »

And that's what I love about you aggy!

I know you will be honest & I love you for it.

I'm going to sit on it for a week then decide it does not state a date you have to send it back by

Can't tell you how much you have helped me yet again

If you ever need help with anything or need a chat you know where I am or if you prefer I can give you my email address ( I think I have before ) hump CFS brain fog!

Kiss
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 02:44:20 PM »

Ah well, I know how important this stuff is, and I would hate to misinform someone. I have dealt with my own benefits and my son's over the years, but thankfully I am retired now so my burden is lighter on that score.

Thank you for the offer of help Rainbow. I will bear it in mind if I need an listening ear. Nothing special going on in my life really - I had to give up the dance/theatre group I was in due to too much PEM pain, but I have taken up more hours volunteering at a charity shop where I am sitting down mostly so I do get out still.  I don't have much else of a social life really but I enjoy doing what I do there.

Rainbow
Lifetime Member

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 04:14:50 PM »

Sorry to hear you had to give up the dance/theatre group but understand why. Good to hear you are enjoying the charity shop volunteering gives a purpose to the day & a good thing you are doing too.

Well done to you!

We find ways to keep going don't we.

And you have made a difference to me too!

XXX  Kiss
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 09:05:17 PM »

Thanks Rainbow. It took me most of this year to decide to stop the dancing as I loved to do it, but in the end the payback was not worth the brief pleasure. It was taking me days to recover from. However I have been part of the group for such a long time that Jo who leads it would like me to stay in touch if I can. In reality I suspect that will fade out somewhat but they are doing a short project right now on Votes for Women and as I have done a poem for it, I will be in the show early Dec reading the poem. Maybe a farewell spot then.

It was lucky that I had begun to do the Oxfam volunteer work about 3 years ago, just for a couple of hours mostly. However the person doing most of the online bookshop work that I am doing has just moved to Exeter. I think it might have folded if I hadn't taken it over, and it felt like the right time without the dancing. I can do as much or as little as I need to do depending on how I feel so it's nicely flexible.

Thank you too - so glad I have made a difference for you today.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome