April 24, 2018, 12:44:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Food For Thought  (Read 63761 times)
lazylegs
Lifetime Member

Is a CFS/ME sufferer

« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2012, 06:51:49 PM »

Just wanted to share these words of wisdom with you all.

[Noah's Ark :  Everything I need to know, I learned from Noah's Ark .

ONE:  Don't miss the boat.
TWO:  Remember that we are all in the same boat!
THREE:  Plan ahead.  It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.   
FOUR:  Stay fit.  When you're 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
FIVE:  Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
SIX:  Build your future on high ground.
SEVEN:  For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
EIGHT:  Speed isn't always an advantage.  The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
NINE:  When you're stressed, float awhile.
TEN:  Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
ELEVEN:  No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting. /quote]

LL.x

Its not what you accomplish in life that matters, it`s what you overcome.x
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2012, 07:46:49 AM »

I really like this LL - nice one!! Some real words of wisdom there.

However I have a feeling you didn't mean it to be in the Intro section. Would you like me to move it for you, or do you want to do it yourself?

lazylegs
Lifetime Member

Is a CFS/ME sufferer

« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »

Thanks aggie, please will you move it as my brain is everywhere just now and who knows where it will end up.    Glad you liked it.  I had never given this reasoning and connection a thought until I recieved this in an email.     Kiss  LL.x

Its not what you accomplish in life that matters, it`s what you overcome.x
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »

This really ought to go in Food for Thought, but that's now stuck as a thread in the middle of Featured Posts, so I don't think i can get it into the right bit. I will put it in the General Discussion and then if anyone knows how to put it onto the end of Featured Posts they can do so.

Emettman
Retired Moderator
Lifetime Member

"It's the madness that keeps him sane"

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2012, 04:22:19 PM »

Did Noah *have* to let the malarial mosquitoes on board?  And a pair of Scottish midges?

Can we have a lesson that sometimes it's not good to stick slavishly to orders and instructions?

Chris.

The world still doesn't make sense, but I now know why it doesn't.  Call it progress.
agapanthus
Staff
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »

Maybe they were there to help us learn to smile in adversity  Wink ... well maybe not the malarial mosquitos, that would be too cruel.

A bit like having ME/CFS really......

Sorry Noah, you have been on a bit of a journey....
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:38:05 PM by agapanthus » Logged

Cather1ne
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2012, 09:37:58 PM »

clap Very good LL  Wink
angeleyes40
Site Owner
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2012, 09:42:46 PM »

This really ought to go in Food for Thought, but that's now stuck as a thread in the middle of Featured Posts, so I don't think i can get it into the right bit. I will put it in the General Discussion and then if anyone knows how to put it onto the end of Featured Posts they can do so.

Hi Aggie...

Your wish is my command  rolleyes smile

I have merged the topics together....  smile

Xx

There is more CFS/ME information and CFS/ME sufferers stories and experiences on the Main Website Please take a look....
ALonelyWillowTree

Living with CFS for nine years.

« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2012, 09:19:41 PM »

I thought it would be a nice idea to have a thread full of quotes to inspire us. So when we're feeling low or fed up or just looking for inspiration you can have a flick through.  Kiss

“Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.”
-Unknown.

“The secret of learning to be sick is this: Illness doesn't make you less of what you were. You are still you”
- Tony Snow.

“Through my illness I learned rejection. I was written off. That was the moment I thought, okay, game on. No prisoners. Everybody's going down”
- Lance Armstrong

“It is in moments of illness that we are compelled to recognise that we live no alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom, worlds apart, who has no knowledge of us and by whom it is impossible to make ourselves understood: our body.”
- Marcel Proust

“I think illness is a family journey, no matter what the outcome. Everybody has to be allowed to process it and mourn and deal with it in their own way”
- Marcia Wallace.

Feel free to add your own about anything Inspire us!  smile

Willow x

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about dancing in the rain."
surfnut

« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2012, 10:15:34 PM »

Great idea Willow  Smiley clap

Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience
Emettman
Retired Moderator
Lifetime Member

"It's the madness that keeps him sane"

« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »

Willow you tempt me, but I resist.

I have a much used and treasured book, The Perpetual Pessimist, which contains a dark, gloomy or despairing quotation for each day of the year.
I find it a great comfort and support in places that brighter sayings and aphorisms do not reach.
(At least do not reach me).

I feel a distinct temptation to post a selection of my favourites but, being pretty certain my approach and methodology in this area is a minority one and that such an act could be unhelpful, I refrain from so doing.

Chris.

The world still doesn't make sense, but I now know why it doesn't.  Call it progress.
oldshoremore
Lifetime Member

recovering from CFS

« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »

Chris,

You are a very wise man! sign0098

As my mum would say

'If you can't say anything nice keep your mouth shut' lips

Mind you, I am intrigued by the Perpertual Pessimist.
Maybe you could start another thread for those of us not in the mood to be uplifted''Huh?

In keeping with the spirit of this thread I would add

'The only human drama is wanting things to be different from how they are'   (I only heard it the other day but I can't remember where.)

Oldiex

"True life is lived when tiny changes occur." Leo Tolstoy.

Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.
jaylfc88`
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »

I can only do 100%, you cant do any more, knowing that my mind is at peace   49
carrie
Staff
Lifetime Member

CFS and Fibro sufferer

« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2012, 06:58:49 AM »

We have a food for thought thread that is all peoples inspirational, and when I got involved, funny quotes. I will try and find it and merge them for us.
Cather1ne
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »

'Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.' - John Wooden

'You've only got three choices in life. Give up, give in or give it all you've got!'

'Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.'

“When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal, you do not change your decision to get there.” - Zig Ziglar

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." ~ Winston Churchill

'A great relationship is about two main things: Finding out the similarities, respecting the differences'

piroflip

« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2012, 06:58:18 AM »

A dwarf, stood on a giant's shoulders, sees the further of the two.

carrie
Staff
Lifetime Member

CFS and Fibro sufferer

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »

"Taking care of yourself does not make you self-centered, it makes you centered."
~~Anonymous
carrie
Staff
Lifetime Member

CFS and Fibro sufferer

« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »

You are not accidental. The world needs you.

Without you, something will be missing in existence and nobody can replace it.

~ Osho
carrie
Staff
Lifetime Member

CFS and Fibro sufferer

« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »

I posted a response to someone saying they were in hell on twitter, I must have been feeling a bit profound as it isnt like me but  I got several faourites on the post, I said

If you are in Hell the only way is up and Heaven is closer than you think,

I haave had a bit of a rough ride the last couple of years but feel at the moment my life is on the up again, it will haave its lows  but I always think that if you hit your lowoest ebb if you allow yourself too you can climb back up and it makes you apppreciate things all the more, I haave been at deaths door through suiccide attempts, nearly lost my life through alcohol abuse, andd now I am happily married starting a family and living as independantly as ME allows and trying to set up my own small business, there is always  hope, my parents probably thought that was my lot when I was living in a carre home under a community section but if you want to pull youurself back and have the right guidance anything is possible
Anne56

« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2013, 02:55:04 PM »

i have read millions of these over the years but the following really did change my way of thinking. i was going through a particularly bad break-up but it has also helped me with accepting ME/CFS.

ACCEPTANCE -

THIS IS HOW IT IS
NOT HOW IT
- was
- might have been

NOT HOW
- I wanted it to be
- hoped it would be
- planned it would be

I ACCEPT THAT THIS IS HOW IT IS.

Now I get on with my life in a positive way.

Sisyphus
Retired Moderator
Lifetime Member

I have CFS/ME

« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »

I love so many quotes but there are two that are partly my favorite and seem kind of important right now.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Ok next quote may not be word for word, going by memory here.

"The people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are under attack and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the society to danger." - Herman Guerring

Ok Guerring was an anti-semetic scumbag but he knew alot about manipulating a populace so I think it's important to listen to such a person.
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:45 PM »

How about -

1. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

2. “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Viktor Frankl

3. “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” – Sigmund Freud

4. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi

5. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller

6. “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” – Michel De Montaigne

7. “Challenges is what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine

8. “In seeking happiness for others, you will find it in yourself.” – Unknown

9. “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” – Viktor Frankl

10. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes

11. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” – Reinhold Niebuhr

12. “I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.” – Corazon Aquino

13. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius

14. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

15. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill

16. “The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” – C. Joybell

17. “True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful.” – Paul Sweeney

18. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” – Stephen Covey

19. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” – Bil Keane

20. “Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.” – Unknown

21. “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” – Henry van Dyke

22. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit

23. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernhard Shaw

24. “If you want happiness for an hour – take a nap. If you want happiness for a day – go fishing. If you want happiness for a year – inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a life time – help someone else.” – Chinese proverb

25. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
ian2008

« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »

Fine words roger!

Kiss
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2016, 01:04:06 PM »

There's a field between right and wrong - I'll meet you there. anon

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
angeleyes40
Site Owner
Lifetime Member

I'm a CFS sufferer...

« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »

There's a field between right and wrong - I'll meet you there. anon

That phrase is very thought inspiring.....  smile

Xx

There is more CFS/ME information and CFS/ME sufferers stories and experiences on the Main Website Please take a look....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome