March 23, 2019, 02:31:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meditation  (Read 9326 times)
bossy
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »

s_hi  Luncinda,

yes the group I have joined is Buddhist based.  The first two sessions we learnt Mindfulness (breathing) meditation which was very good.and I am practiising this at home for 10 mins or so a day just to help me get to grips with it!!  Mediation is harder than I imagined - its not just about relaxing ...but stayiing focused at the same time!!!!

Tonight is my third session and we are learning the other method tonight - Metta Bhavaran - or something like that!! may have spelt that wrong??

I will let you knnow how it goes!!!

I am really really enjoying it and there are some lovely people at the group.

Bossy x x
Beauts
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »

Hello Bossy
Just wondered how the meditation is going now?  I have just started on my meditation journey in the past two weeks and I'm really enjoying it.  This lovely weather we've been having has been brilliant as I have been doing my meditation in the garden as Lucinda has mentioned.  It has been beautiful, sometimes early in the morning as the sun is hitting my garden and sometimes later in the morni9ng when the sun is up.  I had been tieing it in with about 20 mins of gentle yoga and stretching, but have had to pull that back a bit as I was getting a bit too enthusiastic and over doing it (my nature I'm afraid).
I haven't got a class near me but have been downloading some meditation podcasts off the internet.  Some of my favourites are from the Australian meditation society. I also like one called meditation Oasis, but there are lots to choose from.
Anyway, I hope it's still going well and your enjoying it.
Beauts
sulamaye

Your Silence will not Protect you - Audrey Lourde

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »

Someone has probably already shared this but I've been doing the HeadSpace meditation course online, take 10 is free an dinvolves 10 minutes for ten days taught by an ex British buddist monk, lots of brilliant animations help explain it and then you are guided through 10 minutes - i think it's fab and also purchased the book for 7 or something and actually found this the most useful self help book I have ever read as it is engaging an dinformative rather than an idea that would take 10 page sto explan being stretched for a books worth. Google Headspace meditation and you'll find it - hope someone finds that helpful  Smiley

Your silence will not protect you - Audre Lorde
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome