December 13, 2018, 05:08:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can anyone recommend an affordable heart monitor?  (Read 1367 times)
vasalisa
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »

I find the heart arrhythmias really frightening.

I would like to try the 24 hour halter monitor but I cannot face seeing my local GP as her total lack of knowledge and understanding is far too stressful, frustrating and exhausting.

I have changed doctors but the GMC is pressurising the NHS to conform and prioritise their budgets at the expense of our health and Iím so tired of their Jackanory stories.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
- Upton Sinclair

I have spent ages on Google many times but there are so many, many are too expensive or not suitable.

As so many of us suffer from heart difficulties, does anyone know if one of the ME/CFS charities / organisations has one we could all hire?
MarsupialBlueberry

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »

Hi, I don't know what is affordable to you, but I bought the Omrom M2 during the black friday amazon sale for 22 pounds. The deal is still active here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KJ8FB1Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This monitor was suggested to me by my GP because it is cheaper due to the lack of bells and whistles, but very reliable. So far, I have found that I get reliable results if I take multiple readings in a row, and reliable results over several days. I have massive peaks and drops in my blood pressure over 24-hours, but those too I can reliably reproduce. All in all I think it is a solid piece of kit, and given the good reviews by others and my doctors recommendation, I definitely feel it was worth the sales price. Sadly, I cannot speak for longevity at this point, but others appear to have good experiences. I hope this helps!

P.S. don't be fooled! When not in sales the price seems to vary between 24-30 pounds, not in the 50s! A few pounds off is still nice, but paying 50 quid for it never really seems to happen.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 10:38:05 AM by MarsupialBlueberry » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome