November 24, 2017, 06:19:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should I continue with the exercises?  (Read 1355 times)
Suesancy
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:18:01 AM »

Hi - for quite a few months now I have been struggling with extreme muscle pain in my left shoulder and arm.  I thought it was a frozen shoulder as movement is extremely limited....but as there was so much else wrong with me I have just let it drift.  When I was at the GP's a few weeks ago i mentioned it to him and he referred me to the physiotherapist.

Went last week and she didn't think it was a frozen shoulder....said something about my shoulder blade being too mobile and also that it was probably linked to my illness.  (Have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well).  She gave me a set of exercises to do and told me to come back in two weeks.

I have been diligently doing the exercises and there is a slight bit more movement in that arm but the pain I am now experiencing is tremendous.  And not just in this shoulder any more - now it is both arms, wrists, elbows, shoulders and neck.   I am not sleeping well because of the pain either.

So my question really is what would  you do?  Would you continue with the exercises in the hope that it will all settle down or would you go back to a stiff arm and shoulder and hope the pain dies down?  I really don't know which way to go.

Thanks everyone,
Sue   
roger
Staff
Lifetime Member

After 12 years of trying, I'm now A OK

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »

Hi Sue,

Maybe she doesn't understand CFS or Fibro. I'd certainly stop the exercises but keep the next appointment and tell her WHY you stopped. See what she comes up with.

Good luck.

'Nothing is, but thinking makes it so'
boogle91

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 10:07:01 PM »

When i first put my back out and got moving again, i had to go for physio, it killed me! I had to stop, it was pulling on my scars too much(not long had my op that time) and my muscles were killing me. I no this makes me sound wimpish but im not. Ive put up with alot of pain in my life.

Jo

Xox

such a lonely day, and its mine...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip

© Chronic Fatigue Syndrome